Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Anyone notice this?

My ram, immediately after hotsync: 13.4 megs

My ram, now: 11.6 megs

No programs open at the moment. It's still definitely leaking memory, though I suppose the memory is still higher than it was before. It's not affecting my day to day usage so far but it is definitely something I'm watching. Almost every time I use a program I "stop all" immediately after I'm done. Still, nothing. No 3rd party software, no nothing.

All the other problems others are reporting with the update aren't an issue for me - the battery drain (I am not using Push email at all, much less every minute), call log issues (my call log works just fine, tested it and everything). Burst mode on the camera is uninteresting. Too bad this memory thing isn't really solved wholly. They more halfway corrected it.
    I agree, I still have to reset my phone every other day due to memory leaks after the update... I haven't had any other problems, besides the stupid clock and alarm settings page coming up everytime i'm on a call, which no one else has reported...
    my memory isnt that big of deal now definitely not as bad as before
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    No noticible difference for me. However, it has only been a couple of days and it is more telling during the week when lots of email is pushed through. I don't use Exchange so the memory leak may not have been plugged for me.
    Likewise. Same old memory issues for me here. Down to 3MB with no programs open after 24 hours use.
    for me it is worse. i'll satrt at 12 and a few hrs later i'll be down to 6. this is without even touching the phone.
    allen - I'm guessing you were not doing any push mail before -- not even WirelessSync. True?
    you are correct
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete411
    I agree, I still have to reset my phone every other day due to memory leaks after the update... I haven't had any other problems, besides the stupid clock and alarm settings page coming up everytime i'm on a call, which no one else has reported...
    Your face is pushing on the home screen date and time and that brings up the alarm setting screen. It happens to me all the time, if you want to stop it you can have disable the touchscreen in calls.

SLS
    I'm beginning to figure out the biggest source for memory leaks is today plugins. Using task manager-like software, Today screen DLLs continue to grow in memory use throughout the day as they check, update, and increase the information they provide you. The more dynamic and info-filled the plug in (Pocket Breeze, Pocket Weather), the more obvious the memory growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by sls3000
    Your face is pushing on the home screen date and time and that brings up the alarm setting screen. It happens to me all the time, if you want to stop it you can have disable the touchscreen in calls.

SLS
    Thanks SLS! That was it... I'm new to the treo world, so I guess I need to figure these small things out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    I'm beginning to figure out the biggest source for memory leaks is today plugins. Using task manager-like software, Today screen DLLs continue to grow in memory use throughout the day as they check, update, and increase the information they provide you. The more dynamic and info-filled the plug in (Pocket Breeze, Pocket Weather), the more obvious the memory growth.
    I'm using no plug-ins, and my memory is slowly creeping down lower and lower.
    Same question as to Allen - are you having mail pushed out to you?
    yes, using 4smartphone