Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now that the MSFP update has been released I am ready to try out a hosted exchange service. It is my understanding that these services will allow me to receive real-time email.

I have a few questions:

1 - Do these services work as advertised?

2 - Should any hosted exchange that runs Exchange Server 2003 w/ SP2 be able to push email to my Treo?

3 - Does any one have a service that they have tested and they recommend?

I went from a Treo 600 on Sprint to the Treo 700w. I loved the email functionality of Snappermail on the 600 but I thought the 700w with EVDO would be a great improvement. I have been disappointed with my email options so far and was about ready to switch to a 650, now that the email update has final came I have renewed excitement. I need to find out if this update will allow me to finally receive quick and reliable email. If not, I will go back to a 650. After all this thing is a business device first and email and calls are the primary reasons for having it.

I hope someone has great news for me!
  2.    #2  
    bump
    I just recently started using 4smartphone.net, still in the 15day trial. So far everything has been smooth as can be and everything works as advertised. Email is pushed out to the Treo as quick as it comes in and everything I do (change, add, delete etc) on the Treo gets pushed back to them.
    Give them a try.
  4.    #4  
    I will check it out especially since they have the 15 day trial. Thanks for the info. Has anyone tried any other services?
    i currently use 4smartphone.net. I previously tried the free service mail2web, but I didn't like it because they forced you to use their email address (meaning when you replied to people, they saw xxx@mail2web.com). I moved to 4smartphone and love it.
    another vote of confidence for 4smartphone.....I'm loving it!!!
  7.    #7  
    when I get to three options to setup up Activesync on my device which one should I choose? Does it make a difference?
    Yes, it can make a difference. Changing the MX record to point to 4smartphone's server will get the email to your Treo the fastest (since it goes straight to the exchange server). Forwarding the email from your existing email account to them is the next quickest method. The slowest would be setting their server to pull email from your existing mail account.
    Note: Only change the MX record if all emails at that domain are setup at 4smartphone.
    4smartphone.net is by far the best, I love it. It does everything I want it to do easily for 3.99 a month is a great deal!
    is there any way to have multiple exchange accounts? through 4smartphone, and push, say, 2 accounts to my 700w?
    I signed up, changed my Treo settings, but a test email I sent did not arrive. Here's what 4smartphone gave me:

Mail Service
    4SmartPhone Imap Service (Other)
    Protocol
    IMAP
    Username
    myname@mydomain.com
    Email password
    [Use the password you provided during your registration]
    Email address
    myname@mydomain.com
    Incoming Mail Server
    imap.4smartphone.net
    Outgoing Mail Server
    smtp.4smartphone.net Port Number = 2525,
    Server requires authentication (ESMTP)
    -> use same username & Password

I put the settings in as directed (what do I do with the "Mail Service" and "Port Number"?). I also removed the check from "Connect and check for messages every..." box. I even tried to download manually, but no luck.
    How are you routing your "myname@mydomain.com" to them?
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "routing".
    4smartphone working well for me, signed up for a 1 yr plan a month or two back. Outlook on my desktop though does complain a lot about loosing the connection to their server. Despite that, it's working pretty well. My T700 (both before and after the recent AKU2 update) receives emails before my desktop by about 30-60 seconds. In fact, going to AKU2 made no difference at all, except I'm saving SMS messages.
    TRAU - Most of us forward our emails to 4smartphone.
  16.    #16  
    Hey Jeff. What Trau is trying to get at is the part where you put 'myname@mydomain.com' are you routing your domain to 4smartphone or are you simply receiving your email as usually and having them forwarded to 4smartphone. If you are have your domain routed to them then how are you going about routing it?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I also have a question about two accounts. I am currently using Verizon's wireless email to route my work exchange email and contacts to my Treo along with two pop accounts. I would like to be able to keep the wireless work email AND use either 4smartphone or mail2web for my pop mail at the same time. Anyone tried doing something like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarlin
    I signed up, changed my Treo settings, but a test email I sent did not arrive. Here's what 4smartphone gave me:

Mail Service
    4SmartPhone Imap Service (Other)
    Protocol
    IMAP
    Username
    myname@mydomain.com
    Email password
    [Use the password you provided during your registration]
    Email address
    myname@mydomain.com
    Incoming Mail Server
    imap.4smartphone.net
    Outgoing Mail Server
    smtp.4smartphone.net Port Number = 2525,
    Server requires authentication (ESMTP)
    -> use same username & Password

I put the settings in as directed (what do I do with the "Mail Service" and "Port Number"?). I also removed the check from "Connect and check for messages every..." box. I even tried to download manually, but no luck.

Are you setting it up as an IMAP account? I don't understand. YOu should just use Activesync.
    You may want to look at The Message Center - www.themessagecenter.com. I think you will be very happy with the service.
    The Message Center
    www.themessagecenter.com
    You have no excuse to not be synchronized.
  20.    #20  
    Thanks TMC but right now I like 4smartphone.net. The service has been reliable so far and they have the largest storage that I have seen so far. You can get 500 mb for $4/month or 1 gig for $7/month. So far that is the difference. I am still on free trial though. The one thing I don't like is paying for a full year in advance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast