Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I just tried to download the update and the site was giving me some kind of script error, Firefox and IE. I'm downloading from the gracious link provided above. See if that works.
    New employee showed up yesterday, and a new 700w came for him today. Yippee.
    Time to update everything to 4.8 I guess
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi,

I am a new 700w user and I'm trying to apply the 1.10 update using the following instrucitons: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html.

I'm concerned about the following step:
    Disable the ActiveSync option to "sync items as they arrive" if you are using it; instead, set your device to sync on a schedule or not at all during the update.
    How do I do this? I can't find an option that says "sync items as they arrive", but I'm not syncing with an Exchange server, only with my local PC.

Any help is appreciated!

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    Hi,

I am a new 700w user and I'm trying to apply the 1.10 update using the following instrucitons: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html.

I'm concerned about the following step:
    Disable the ActiveSync option to "sync items as they arrive" if you are using it; instead, set your device to sync on a schedule or not at all during the update.
    How do I do this? I can't find an option that says "sync items as they arrive", but I'm not syncing with an Exchange server, only with my local PC.

Any help is appreciated!

Paul
    If you're a new user, the update should be on the phone already. Did you check? Go to start/settings/system/about/phone.
    And if it isn't on the device already, and the device is new, then it should come with the updater CD in the box. Did you try that?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Yes, I did check. The software version shows TREO700W-1.02-VZW. Was surprised that the phone I bought just last weekend didn't have the software update from April/May.

I've tried posting on other forums as well, but no one has answered about this. I know other people have done the upgrade so I know there is an answer to this question - or perhaps it's something I don't need to worry about. I'm just a little leary of jacking up my new phone.

Thanks
    Paul
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456