Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -RJ
    I think the roaming setting is under start -> programs -> active sync -> menu -> schedule

There is a checkbox "use above settings when roaming."
    I see that "Schedule" is greyed out on my device. Why is that? I only use Active Sync. Does that have something to do with it?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Anyone know why the update was pulled yet?
    That's what pisses me off about Palm. How could they release a patch that doesn't work! This is what drove me from Palm!!!! They will never be able to catch up with Blackberry if they keep on screwing up like this!!!! Drives me crazy!!!
    I think the patch not working was most likely user specific. I applied the patch without a solitary hitch...I had also hard-reset about 3 days prior to start 'fresh'. I also encountered the AS connection dropping, but it then immediately started again, first loading a new driver/installing a new device, then continuing the upgrade.

Some of the things reported I haven't seen or experienced before the update. For example, IE closing on its own. I experienced that sporadically before the update. I've also read about some folks not being able to 'ignore' calls...works just fine for me.

I do wonder why they pulled the update though and if a future version will be issued, will it be of any use to those that already performed the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by mooboy
    Anyone know why the update was pulled yet?
    "After posting the 700w update, Palm received feedback on an issue that appears to be affecting a small percentage of 700w customers running the update. Some decompression software applications may be having difficulty decompressing the .zip file downloaded from the website and, as a result, the installation process will not start. Palm is looking into adjusting the updater, as well as reviewing customer feedback on the installer.

Palm and Verizon Wireless are committed to customer satisfaction and are working together to provide this update to our customers as quickly as possible."

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12183
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    "After posting the 700w update, Palm received feedback on an issue that appears to be affecting a small percentage of 700w customers running the update. Some decompression software applications may be having difficulty decompressing the .zip file downloaded from the website and, as a result, the installation process will not start. Palm is looking into adjusting the updater, as well as reviewing customer feedback on the installer.

Palm and Verizon Wireless are committed to customer satisfaction and are working together to provide this update to our customers as quickly as possible."
    New press release from Verizon Wireless regarding the above:

"We are sorry for the significant time it has taken to recompress the zip file. At Verizon Wireless we are committed to the utmost in quality and customer care. We are currently testing it 500,340 times to ensure that every one of our current 700w customers will be able to open this file. We assure you that there are no other problems with this update and it will be available again shortly upon the conclusion of the testing."
    So, I wonder what Zip programs were giving problems? i got mine from one of the "unofficial" mirrors, and WinZip did not complain. The updater program got almost all the way done and exited with an error, but I missed the message. The Treo, however, reported a successful upgrade. Everything seems to be working OK except for the abysmal battery life and lack of memory, both of which are discussed in other threads.

I guess I'll wait until they get done with their testing (Why 500,340 times???) and re-apply the upgrade.

Walt
    C'mon. Like Verizon wants to pay for returns any more than you want to wait for a new phone.

At least they're admitting there was a problem and they're going to fix it.

(edit) And has anyone heard any more rumours about when it's going to be reposted?
    Last edited by treowonk; 04/26/2006 at 03:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    On the webinar today Palm said that they realized not everyone uses winzip and that other unzip programs were having problems with uncompressing the file.

They will be releasing it again with additional help instructions. There is absolutely no difference in the actual update.....

The above is paraphrased from what they actually said...

I also asked why they went with 32MB instead of 64 and they responded that with Microsoft assistance they made the decision to go with 32MB's because WM5 supports execute in place... again paraphrased.
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Now that is funny.....

No way it takes a week to recreate the zip package and test it... NO FREAK'N way.... something else is going on there.... IMO !

I mean think about it.. if its a winzip problem.. why not just create a self extracting .exe ... tada problem fixed ! Very odd you ask me.....
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WayCool
    Now that is funny.....

No way it takes a week to recreate the zip package and test it... NO FREAK'N way.... something else is going on there.... IMO !

I mean think about it.. if its a winzip problem.. why not just create a self extracting .exe ... tada problem fixed ! Very odd you ask me.....
    Exactlly what I was thinking...
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Totally.

But what does the phrase "as well as reviewing customer feedback on the installer" mean?

It looks like folks here had no problem tweaking the .INI or just running the .MSI directly. There were other issues with the update. Maybe they're fixing those as well? I sure want to know before I run it.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I agree

...perhaps they are working on better install instructions like they said...

I really think they should of done what ever other WM device manufacture does when they come out with a ROM update and completely wipe the device clean...were used to it

i feel a lot of problems are from them trying to keep everyone's settings intact. Commendable effort but not if it's going to cost them extra in support issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by walts
    I guess I'll wait until they get done with their testing (Why 500,340 times???) and re-apply the upgrade.
    It was a joke that the others picked up on. It takes a few minutes to rezip a file. Something else is going on here. By explaining the delay as the need to download and test it once for each current 700w customer is totally absurd, just like the claim that the updater problem is only a zip issue. Like most companies, they peddle so much BS it's unsettling. This long delay with insistence that nothing is wrong is just another example...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    Something else is going on here. By explaining the delay as the need to download and test it once for each current 700w customer is totally absurd, just like the claim that the updater problem is only a zip issue. Like most companies, they peddle so much BS it's unsettling. This long delay with insistence that nothing is wrong is just another example...
    I have a theory on why its been pulled - based on my problems with an AKU2 ROM update on my Cingular 8125 with Goodlink. Basically, my IT required password doesn't work and renders the device completely useless. I don't know if Verizon and/or Palm officially support Goodlink - but this could be a definite issue.

See my post in the Goodlink forum at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=112819
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    ...By explaining the delay as the need to download and test it once for each current 700w customer is totally absurd...This long delay with insistence that nothing is wrong is just another example...
    I'm just as skeptical about what's is really going on here, but I didn't read any of that in the press release. Where did you get that?
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronJ
    I have a theory on why its been pulled - based on my problems with an AKU2 ROM update on my Cingular 8125 with Goodlink. Basically, my IT required password doesn't work and renders the device completely useless. I don't know if Verizon and/or Palm officially support Goodlink - but this could be a definite issue.

See my post in the Goodlink forum at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=112819
    I addressed your issue on your other post, however, being that there is no official AKU2 update for the 8125, I can assure you that has nothing to do with the update for the 700W.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I spoke with a Palm support rep yesterday and he stated the reason it was pulled was due to the fact that it was due to some extract programs not working as planned, and would be re-released after that was completed.
    So any word when it may come out again????
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast