Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Well... they are (were?) hiring for all sorts of test and product management positions.... if they were local I would apply... wish I was able to move to Redmond as I would love to work in the mobile devices division or Exchange Server division at Microsoft.... but i have other priorities in my life.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Well... they are (were?) hiring for all sorts of test and product management positions.... if they were local I would apply... wish I was able to move to Redmond as I would love to work in the mobile devices division or Exchange Server division at Microsoft.... but i have other priorities in my life.
    Now why would Palm hire testers when people like us will test it for free. In fact we pay palm and microsoft to test their products for them

Oh well. On a side note my update is running flawlessly so far. Hoping it will stay that way.

Good luck everyone.
    Do we know if they are actually changing the update (ROM image) itself...or just the updater? Mine went flawlessly, so the only thing that concerns me now is I will have to update the phone again when the new version comes out. Don't know that I want to spin that dial again :-)
    well i DL the updated yesterday but havnt had a chance to put it on my treo shuold i put it on or wait ya think?
    Got Treo?
    I'm using 1.10 it just fine... another link, but at your own risk, since it IS pulled:

http://www.beyondthetech.com/downloa...dates/treo700w
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    You have to wonder if Palm even tests their stuff before they release it.
    That's the same thought I had after installing and playing with this update.
    My update was flawless...I did notice how the file was zipped up was confussing so I bet they are making the unzip of the install file easier..
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    well i DL the updated yesterday but havnt had a chance to put it on my treo shuold i put it on or wait ya think?
    If I were you, I'd wait. USB Activesync was my main problem and that was solved by clearing out Windows\Temp on the regular.

My update went flawlessly and I'm not having major problems with the update -- just battery drain. It has been a LONG time since I had to watch my battery level and I don't like it one bit.
    yeah i guess i will wait, there has to be some reason they didnt want people with that update version so ill jus hang tight
    Got Treo?
    Everything seemed to go fine with my update, but I really won't know until I can delete all of the zero value temp files. I went to re-download the installer this morning to see if this would fix the problem, only to find that it's not available.

Thanks for the links to the alternate download sites. I will post again after I re-install.
    bruce,
    Maybe you don't have to re-install. What error do you get when trying to delete those files? It might take an hour or more if you have a lot of them.

I've checked that directory since the update and no files have accumulated in it -- there were never any other files in that director except the zero value ones. Also, another person reported that after a hard reset the directory wasn't recreated. Given that, maybe you can just delete the directory completely. You can then recreate it.
    Isn't Palm and Microsoft holding an event on the 26th? Maybe it was posted early when it shouldn't of been. So they pulled it till the 26th? Who knows.

http://registration.intercall.com/re...ds%5b%5d=17053

My update worked fine and my device works much better now after the update.
    Last edited by dewars; 04/22/2006 at 09:47 AM.
    Thanks for the reply Beryl.

Well, I haven't reinstalled yet because I don't know how to uninstall the update. I tried to reinstall, but am not allowed since the installer recognizes that I already have the update.

Yesterday, I tried a couple of times during the day to delete the temp files, giving it an hour or two each time, then last night, when I went to bed, I tried to delete them again. Nine hours later, they still weren't gone. It's as if the Treo just locks-up.

I will now try to delete the directory and report back.

Thanks!
    You got caught with the version problem trying to reinstall. You have to fake out the file on the PC. Someone posted on that on the update thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by brucestorey
    Yesterday, I tried a couple of times during the day to delete the temp files, giving it an hour or two each time, then last night, when I went to bed, I tried to delete them again. Nine hours later, they still weren't gone. It's as if the Treo just locks-up.
    Someone else reported that they were successful deleting a few hundred at a time instead of deleting all at once.

Maybe you can delete the directory (or the files) faster through AS Explorer.
    I can't find the post you are talking about, so I'm trying to work out how to fake out my PC right now. I am also going to try deleting a couple hundred files at a time.

Thanks
    it's buried in the pages of the original post about palm having the update on their site.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    If I were you, Bruce, I'd just work on deleting those files (or just killing that directory) instead of trying to reinstall. I think reinstalling might cause you more trouble.
    Bruce, the workaround is below, as originally posted by NotoriousBOG, BUT I agree with Beryl above with the recommendation to just delete the 0kb temp files, and keep deleting them as they mount up...and wait until a sound update is released.

FWIW I did not install the update because I wanted to wait for a complete summary of what changes it exactly made. And for me, living with the battery drain issue is a worse option than living with any of the original release issues.

Thank you very much though to Beryl, and to everyone else on this board who did the update and posted back with their results. I, for one, apprecaite your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOG
    If your installer hangs while trying to update and your phone reports it's running version 1.10 when you know it's not completely updated (easiest way to check is if burst mode is available on your camera), the easiest way to trick the installer into re-running the updater is to simply update the "vers" file in C:\Program Files\palm\Treo700wUpdater

I changed mine to read "1.20" from "1.10"...I figured I'd give it a shot, and right now, the updater is running and has gotten farther than it did the first time. I'm hoping it'll finish w/o a hitch...even though I did hard reset before running it this time.

Hey, at least it's better than wasting your time waiting for a replacement phone!

I don't know if the "vers" file is used for any other purpose other than comparing the version of the software on your phone to the version of the software for the updater, but I just thought I'd share this info for those of you at a dead-end.
    Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Not sure what everone is talking about with the battery drain issue. I have noticed no change in the battery, I'm actually getting a little bit better battery life. I have push email going with 4smarthphone and haven't seen any of these issues. The update has made this phone unbelievable, best yet
    I deleted the directory and recreated. Worked without a problem. However, I am having a horrible battery drain problem. Almost charged battery last night, forgot to plug in. This morning dead phone. I am also running a Goodlink upgrade so that may be the culprit. I'd appreciate any thoughts.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast