1.    #1  
    I took about 1 minute of video on my Treo 700 and now I'm trying to view it on my computer. Windows Media won't play the file, I guess because it's a 3g2 file?

Can anyone help me w/ this? It's a pretty important video to be able to view on my computer.

Thanks
    Get QuickTime from Apple.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterman
    I took about 1 minute of video on my Treo 700 and now I'm trying to view it on my computer. Windows Media won't play the file, I guess because it's a 3g2 file?

Can anyone help me w/ this? It's a pretty important video to be able to view on my computer.

Thanks
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...&highlight=3g2
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Insertion and jbiz. I'll give it a try.
    So let me get this straight...I take the video using a device with a Microsoft OS...WM10 on the device will play it, but WM10 on my PC won't. So I have to use a Real Networks or Apple (Quicktime) application to play it on a PC? This is certainly NOT consistent with MS' monopolistic habits. And a real PITA to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntaylor
    So let me get this straight...I take the video using a device with a Microsoft OS...WM10 on the device will play it, but WM10 on my PC won't. So I have to use a Real Networks or Apple (Quicktime) application to play it on a PC? This is certainly NOT consistent with MS' monopolistic habits. And a real PITA to boot.
    The choice to use 3g2 as the video format was not an MS decision...most camera phones nowadays (at least the ones I've messed with) use 3g2 for their video, Palm just decided to follow suit with the 700w.
    I found this odd as well. I use Quicktime here, no problem. It is a PITA for everyone at first. After searching on google for the needed player I had no problems.
    VLC Media Player plays alot of video files!
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING