Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Been playing around today and found out that VZW allows ping request to go through to our devices.....

So i get my device IP and then allow the connection to go dormant (grayed out arrows)... i initiate a ping from the net and after two timeouts i get results back... now the arrows turn white...

This is similar to how direct push works BTW... the device keeps the connection up but mostly dormant and lets exchange know its ready... exchange sends a special "ping" to the device to initiate an activesync... the result is almost instant email and pseudo push functionality..
    I would assume though that it uses DHCP and you get a different IP address every time you connect.
    This is great because it means that my AgileMessenger will never go dormant.
    well here's something that i noticed after launching agile and quitting...i wasnt getting emails afterwards...i had to physically go in and do a send/receive to re-establish the connection again.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Wonder what other "open" ports our phones have... will do a port scan
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    well a TCP port scan did not return anything...which is good.

I notice that when the phone goes to sleep it stops responding to ping requests...