I ran into problems with running the updater which was after I unzipped everything and the program created the Palm Treo 700W Updater icon on the Desktop, when I double clicked on it Notepad would open displaying the HTML code for the index.hta file associated with icon. As such, installation could not proceed.

What I did to fix was to go into My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, File Types tab and look for registered file type HTA. Once found, press the Change button and in the Open With window that then opens, click on Browse. You want to look in C:\Windows\System32 for a file called mshta.exe. Once located, click on it and then click on Open. This will take you back to the Open With screen where "Microsoft HTML Application Host" should be highlighted. Click on OK which will then take you back to the Folder Options window where you should see "Microsoft HTML Application Host" reflected in the section Details for HTA extension. Click on Close.

Then go back to your Desktop and double-click on the Palm Treo 700W Updater icon and the install program should start up fine.