Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The New Update says," Pictures and Videos enhancements" and "Email Enhancement". Anyone know what the exact enhancements are ?
    TIA!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    pictures and video enhancement is a "burst" mode for photographs, which takes 5 pictures in succession, as "quickly" as you can imagine the treo picture taking process to go (which is not exactly quick).

I see myself using this only once, which was the one time I used it to try it out to see how it worked.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! How do you use the burst mode as I don't see it when I have the Camera mode on.
    I was going to ask the same question.....
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    you have to use the right soft key to go to "mode", like you would to switch from camera to video... it appears as an option between the two
    got it...

That's a weak enhancement.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    yeah I'd say I'd rather see realtime adjustable filters, like say a B&W mode or sepia tone.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    You can also read through your email with one hand instead of having to use your stylus. I haven't found out if you can do it with the internet yet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    You can also read through your email with one hand instead of having to use your stylus. I haven't found out if you can do it with the internet yet though.
    what do you mean? i thought you could always read through email without using stylus?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    You can also remote control your car while you are sitting in your home now!
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    You can also remote control your car while you are sitting in your home now!
    you did?!?! i got jipped! all i got was the direct line to the white house
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Something else I noticed which is REALLY cool is the COMPLETE option in the tasks. So nice not to have to use the stylus or go through a bunch of steps...
    did they fix the problem where if you had a Draft in SMS, and you tried to open it, it crashes the device?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter
    you did?!?! i got jipped! all i got was the direct line to the white house
    I think you all got jipped because mine can control what Good Old George says.
    Couple of things I noticed are...

-When typing a contacts name in the to field on a text message... their e-mail is now an option to send a text to. And it works.

-When hitting send to call a contact that has send you a text, there is a new thing that pops up with a "Verify the number is correct" screen.

-The camera is slow as hell to show you the taken photo now. It is funny, you take a photo and move the camera. the screen actually looks as if you missed the photo. BUT in a few seconds the image you intended to capture pops up on the screen...
    While were at it....I noticed a minor things that were updated in addtion to everytihng else....now when you set your alarm to wake up....it puts a little bell beside the time on the today screen to know its set...

I think must of us would agree that this device is the best palm has ever made on the hardware side (I had a T600 the first week it was out, wow what a quality in build comparison) and now with his software update.....I almost feel like I have a new device....I was showing her off at work again today....espeically to the backberry people!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheO.Z.
    you have to use the right soft key to go to "mode", like you would to switch from camera to video... it appears as an option between the two
    Weird...all I see when I press Menu is to switch from "Video Mode" or "Still Mode". I'm worried that not all the updates went through. When I check my software Version it says: Treo 700w-1.10-VZW. When I try to do the update again it says No Update Necessary as I have the newest version.
  18.    #18  
    My fiance just talked to VZW and they said Palm pulled the update because so many people were having problems with the update (taking a long time, error messages, etc). They are suppose to release a new version such as TREO 700w-1.10-1 either Monday or Tuesday for those who didn't completely update or had problems with updating in the first place. The rep told us that most likely not all the updates went through to our TREO and that's why the "Burst Mode" doesn't show in our Camera.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Wow.. how are we to tell if the update went all the way through? Cant just be to check if you have burst mode.

This is the first WM update I have see where somethings get done but not others...very odd...I mean it is a ROM FLASH that is happening when you do the update right? Thats an all or nothing type of thing...or at least it always has been in the past...like I said.. very odd.
    Good point, gex. Palms needs to post update verification steps so that those who have already updated can ensure that everything went through.

I have "burst" mode for my camera but that doesn't mean that I did miss something else.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast