1.    #1  
    I upgraded to the new software version this morning. I run Goodlink and immediately after upgrading the screen was showing the start bar across the top and all the rest white. I tried again to install the updater and had the same problem. I did a hard reset and again ran the updater and the system worked fine. Showed as version 1.10 on the phone. I then went ahead and added goodlink again. And again the same problem. Apparently there are some compatability issues between the two. I contacted Verizon to see about going back to version 1.02 to ensure that Goodlink would work. They thought a hard reset would put the system back to 1.02, but it did not. They referred me to Palm. Palm informed me that the upgrade is irreversible as it is a ROM upgrade, which makes sense. Luckily, Verizon was nice enough to replace my phone for me today to one that has 1.02. Very good service here. However, be careful about upgrading to 1.10 if you have Goodlink. I would maybe wait and see in a few weeks if everything is working with this.
    Good just updated to 4.8 with a statement to support the 700W after the palm update. What version of the Good client are you running on your treo?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gocanes
    I upgraded to the new software version this morning. I run Goodlink and immediately after upgrading the screen was showing the start bar across the top and all the rest white. I tried again to install the updater and had the same problem. I did a hard reset and again ran the updater and the system worked fine. Showed as version 1.10 on the phone. I then went ahead and added goodlink again. And again the same problem. Apparently there are some compatability issues between the two. I contacted Verizon to see about going back to version 1.02 to ensure that Goodlink would work. They thought a hard reset would put the system back to 1.02, but it did not. They referred me to Palm. Palm informed me that the upgrade is irreversible as it is a ROM upgrade, which makes sense. Luckily, Verizon was nice enough to replace my phone for me today to one that has 1.02. Very good service here. However, be careful about upgrading to 1.10 if you have Goodlink. I would maybe wait and see in a few weeks if everything is working with this.
    i am running the 1.10 ROM and Goodlink 4.8 and everything works as expected..
    What exactly is Goodlink?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJStealth
    What exactly is Goodlink?
    http://www.good.com/index.php/produc...ess_email.html

in simple terms, push email for exchange
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, I learned from my IT staff that the upgrade has to be done. Just have to wait on them to do it as apparently they need to upgrade the server on their end as well. So, I guess once that is done, I can run the update. Thanks for confirming that it works with 4.8. I appreciate it!!
    I too had the same issue today. I had GoodLink V4.7 on my 700w and I updated to Treo 700w V1.10 and I got the same white screen with the Start Bar at the top. I contacted Verizon and they had me do a Hard Reset. When I installed GoodLink again, same thing. They they had a rep from Palm on the line and he said it was a Phone problem, but never mentioned a compatability issue. Thankfully, Verizon is sending me a new 700w overnight. I'll have to wait until my IT Department upgrades GoodLink to 4.8 on our company server as well. Our IT guys just found out after I told him that there was a new version of GoodLink out there.

Before this, I haven't had any problems and I'm very impressed with GoodLink on my 700w, considering it wasn't officially supported until this new version.

Palm said the reason they took the link to the Updater off their website was because of Install issues with the Installer not opening correctly, but I wouldn't doubt it that they identified this incompatability and removed it.