1.    #1  
    I paid for Sprite Backup last week (yeah, sucks, I know).
    Anyway, I understand that after I upgrade my phone
    I should not try to restore a backup that I created
    before the upgrade.

My question - can I continue to use the same
    version of Sprite for future backups after I have
    successfully updated my phone? Or should
    I get the new free version?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I bought a copy of sprite backup when it came out about a week or two ago.

i just backed up and restored to test, works fine.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I did the samething and trying to find out if I can get a refund.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the replies... let us know if you are successful in getting that refund.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    what's the point of getting a refund? I paid for it because I like the software, the fact that they offered a copy is hit or miss, what if they never did?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik
    what's the point of getting a refund? I paid for it because I like the software, the fact that they offered a copy is hit or miss, what if they never did?
    Then I would have bought it but if there is a free copy just for the Treo 700 then why not try to get a refund save some money and still get the backup porgram.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Then I would have bought it but if there is a free copy just for the Treo 700 then why not try to get a refund save some money and still get the backup porgram.
    Or support your local developer (twice - since Palm probably paid a licensing agreement). For the small fee charged by Sprite, Inc., it's no big thang.
    on the palm site it said if your restore just do an advance restore and do not restore your registery data...
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    so do we know what the differences are between the two yet?
    I notice the Version Numbers are the same! I purchased my copy a couple of weeks ago even though I new that a verison of Sprite backup was to become available some time in the near future.

I do NOT regret purchasing the copy even if the 'free' version is identical to what I purchased. This is because, for me anyway, it was a small price for my peace of mind.

I will not step down from the soapbox!

Bob
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter
    on the palm site it said if your restore just do an advance restore and do not restore your registery data...
    I know this is not on topic but I wanted to know if we are not suppose to restore the registry from now on?