1.    #1  
    Hi I'm not really sure I understand this whole PUSH concept.

I have 4 POP3 accounts (my own domain) that I do a manual
    send/receive for every once in a while. I'm not particularly
    dependent on my e-mail, so I'm fine with this. When I update
    my phone, can I continue to operate this way or will something
    change? Can someone breifly explain the PUSH concept?

Thanks.
    with the upgrade, you can set Outlook to automatically sync ALL 4 accounts, so that you don't have to do it manually.
    if you have push email, whenever the mail arrives into your inbox, it will automatically "pushed" into your device, so you have it instantly.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    if you have push email, whenever the mail arrives into your inbox, it will automatically "pushed" into your device, so you have it instantly.
    But not with just a POP3 account.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    with the upgrade, you can set Outlook to automatically sync ALL 4 accounts, so that you don't have to do it manually.
    thing is, i don't use outlook. i use Eudora. so what does this mean for me ?
    i don't want to sync my e-mail. i prefer to have it come down to my phone when i'm out all day, then i come home and pull down my e-mail from the server into eudora, and then i do a send/receive on my phone (thus deleting my mail from my inbox(es)...
    i meant pocket outlook (messaging in 700w)
  7.    #7  
    ok i did the upgrade and so far so good. phone is definitely more responsive. anyway, i decided to do an e-mail test. i sent a separate e-mail to each of my 4 pop accounts, and set each one to check for new mail every 1 minute. all 4 accounts found the new message, which is cool. however, even after all 4 mails went to their respective inboxes on my treo, i kept getting the sound and pop up notification every 1 minute that i had new mail. is this normal? i would think it would do that only for brand new messages. is it going to keep telling me i have new mail for messages already received ?
    Hmmmm. Palm meant well but I really don't need my POP3 mail pushed out to me -- just the corporate stuff. Too bad they didn't spend any time working on Domino Notes push.