1.    #1  
    What needs to be done to be able to configure my treo 700w to use my companies exchange server so I can get the push mail to work. I tried to enter the IP address of our exchange server (when you configure Server under ActiveSync). Nothing happens when I do an ActiveSync. Does something need to be done on the Exchange Server. Any help would be great
    you have an exchange server address, its different from the IP address.

get it from your IT dept. is probably the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by barc24
    What needs to be done to be able to configure my treo 700w to use my companies exchange server so I can get the push mail to work. I tried to enter the IP address of our exchange server (when you configure Server under ActiveSync). Nothing happens when I do an ActiveSync. Does something need to be done on the Exchange Server. Any help would be great
    You need to the Outlook Mobile Access address for your exchange server or IP.

For example...if your Exchange server is xxx.exchange.com
    Your OMA address may be mobile.xxx.exchange.com

Ask your IT dept for the Outlook Mobile Access address...
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    You may want to search on this topic a bit on the forums, there is lots of info on this subject. However the short answer is that there are many variables. If your company has OWA and/or OMA working, then you are pretty close. One tidbit is that if you have a secure certificate in play, you will need to use the exchange address that the cert uses. Also if it is a self signed cert from your organization you will have to manually import that cert into your treo.

That probably made things muddier for you, but we have set several exchange enviroments up to use activesync and none have been the same.
    Last edited by young_98_98; 04/21/2006 at 09:31 AM. Reason: caught a mispell
    We do not have an Outlook Web Address. But how does the new Palm update get around that?
    palm's update gets around AUTD, making it true push.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    ?? Gets around AUTD?

MS Push email requires Exchange 2003 SP2 on the backend and AKU2 ROM on the front...which is included in Palm's update. AUTD is still valid and supported for Exchange servers running any other version of Exchange.

Not quite sure what you're trying to get at..
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by young_98_98
    You may want to search on yhis topic a bit on the forums, there is lots of info on this subject. However the short answer is that there are many variables. If your company has OWA and/or OMA working, then you are pretty close. one tidbit is that if you have a secure certificate in play, you will need to use the exchange address that the cert uses. Also if it is a self signed cert from your organization you will have to manually import that cert into your treo.

That probably made things muddier for you, but we have set several exchange enviroments up to use activesync and none have been the same.

How do I import the secure certificate to the treo? I tried to input the https ip address but I doesn't do a thing?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
    ?? Gets around AUTD?
    AUTD is still valid and supported for Exchange servers running any other version of Exchange.
    AUTD is supported only on Exchange Server 2003....up to and including SP2. Direct Push is a new feature introduced as part of Exchange Server 2003 SP2.

Before that they had MIS (Mobile Information Service???) for Exchange Server 2000. Dont remember if they had anything at all for Exchange Server 5.5 or earlier..
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    Not really true push... but works just as well...not as well as i was expecting personally...and i will go into that in a different thread...but good enough.
    You have to use a specific verizon certificate install tool. This Microsoft knowledge base walks you through the steps and gives you the tool.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841060