Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have WM5, both full and smartphone versions. Even though the device is different than what I have, the software will probably basically remain the same, unless Moto tweaked something. And full WM5 is better than smartphone version IF you need a touchscreen and more functionality. You get so much more out of the full version.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    A small semantic point, but these distinctions can be important:

There is no "full" version of WM5. The versions are WM5 for Pocket PC (and Pocket PC Phone Edition) and WM5 for Smartphone. Both Pocket PC and Smartphone versions are "full" in the sense that they provide all the operating system code needed to run the hardware on which they're installed. As hardware specs for both platforms evolve (witness how the Q has bent the traditional form factor of a Smartphone device) it will become more important to be crystal clear what device form factor you're talking about.
    i saw someone with one today at lunch...i didnt want to be the gadget stalker and interrupt him but it is very thin
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    I also think the width (pretty much like a blackberry) will also be a detriment. Everyone thinks the thinness will be awesome, but when you add in the width of the unit, that could very well end up turning people off. We'll see, once/if it gets launched.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Where was that foofighter? Spectrum? I would of gone right up to him and asked to see it...

Ok, maybe not but it would of been cool to see one in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by racekarl
    A small semantic point, but these distinctions can be important:

There is no "full" version of WM5. The versions are WM5 for Pocket PC (and Pocket PC Phone Edition) and WM5 for Smartphone. Both Pocket PC and Smartphone versions are "full" in the sense that they provide all the operating system code needed to run the hardware on which they're installed. As hardware specs for both platforms evolve (witness how the Q has bent the traditional form factor of a Smartphone device) it will become more important to be crystal clear what device form factor you're talking about.
    There is limited software and limited functionality for WM5 Smartphone. That's why I don't call it full.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    IMHO the Q like the MPX will dissappear never showing it's face.
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Where was that foofighter? Spectrum? I would of gone right up to him and asked to see it...

Ok, maybe not but it would of been cool to see one in person.
    funny that you say that. i work at the spectrum and saw a guy with one this weekend.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12