1.    #1  
    I have 2 bluetooth headsets. One is a Motorola HS810 with the flip out boom and the other is the Jabra type that fits behind your ear. No doubt that the jabra is much more comfortable for me but i left it at home this morning and will be using my Motorola all day at work. I just remembered that when the motorola one is flipped closed and in my pocket, its actually off. When a call comes in and I flip it open, it powers on and connects instantly. On the 700w, the bluetooth icon background is dark blue with a white forground when bluetooth is turned on and opposite when its turned on and connected. Does the unit use more battery power when its actually connected to another bluetooth device such as my jabra headset? If thats the case, I am burning lots of unneeded battery power during the day because the jabra is always on. Today will certainly be the test to see how my battery performs. Anyone else ever experiment with this?
    My battery drains like crazy if the BT radio is on, whether or not I have a device connected.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    BT drains my treo very badly... anyone have a solution for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    My battery drains like crazy if the BT radio is on, whether or not I have a device connected.
    Mine only seems to drain quickly if I have my BT headset turned on. For example today I unplugged my 700 from the charger at 7:00am, it is set for push email, I surfed for about 30min, watched my TiVo via Slingplayer mobile for about 40min but only had the BT headset on for around 1hr. Right Now I show 73% charge remaining. Yesterday with similar use but the BT headset on for around 6 hours I was down to under 20% battery at the same time.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAU
    Mine only seems to drain quickly if I have my BT headset turned on. For example today I unplugged my 700 from the charger at 7:00am, it is set for push email, I surfed for about 30min, watched my TiVo via Slingplayer mobile for about 40min but only had the BT headset on for around 1hr. Right Now I show 73% charge remaining. Yesterday with similar use but the BT headset on for around 6 hours I was down to under 20% battery at the same time.
    Yeah I forgot to mention, that in order to not have the battery drain I just turn off the bt headset. When i need to use it I flip it open (turning it on).

I mean this isn't a bad solution for me cause I can answer the phone like normal, and if i think the call is going to go for longer than a couple of minutes I can turn on the headset.