Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I have gmail but want to receive it as push, so I figure I can forward it to one of these pay sites like 4smartphone to get it as push. What service would be the best? I especially want one where I can still send and use my gmail address? Thanks
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I thought about doing this as well with my Gmail, but I don't think I can come to paying extra $ to get my email slightly quicker with these push services.

Even with Checking every 10min set, the emails I get using PocketOutlook from Gmail is actually not too bad is speed...
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I just signed up for the free trial with 4smartphone.net (express 3.99 a month) and it was a real easy set up. Everything is working great. Email comes instantly to my phone now from gmail. I have my gmail forwarded to my 4smartphone.net account. The best thing is that I can still use my gmail account email address when sending and responding to email.

Also, all my contacts, tasks and calender events are now synced with my outlook online.

So far this has been a great update.
    I use Mail2Web for push email on my Cingular 8125 with AKU2 and it works great. It supports DirectPush and it's 100% free. Just sign up at live.mail2web.com.

Works great!
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Fastmail is what I use on my Sprint Treo 650 along with Chatter. Used it for 3 years. Ben
    I use 4smartphone. Pretty decent service. Their tech support folks aren't great though. Push with AUTD was working fine before, now with Direct Push, it's basically the same, just less SMS messages used on your service plan.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
    I use Mail2Web for push email on my Cingular 8125 with AKU2 and it works great. It supports DirectPush and it's 100% free. Just sign up at live.mail2web.com.

Works great!
    It is AD supported and they require you to use @mail2web.com as your sent from email address....also the performance of the full blown Outlook Web Access is awful.

But you cant beat it for the price

(Just keeping it real dawg)
    Last edited by gex; 04/20/2006 at 01:05 AM.
    just signed up for the 4smartphone free trial. love it so far.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I have been using mail2web Push since the update, which has been working fine (other than not being able to change the xxx@mail2web.com part), BUT I noticed that mail sent to a Hotmail address from the xxx@mail2web.com Treo 700 account thinks it is Junk Mail!...and sends it into a junk folder. This may be a problem when sending email to other people using this free service. Can anyone else confirm this?
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    loving 4smartphone here...its the best!