1.    #1  
    Does anyone else plan to do the same?

Whenever the 700p comes out, assuming they still haven't fixed my problems. It's lame as hell that I paid 400 bucks and am continously paying about $115 a month including all services (and phone insurance!) for a phone that does NOT work consistantly as advertised.

To me I see this as no different than if I bought a Toyota Camry with the nav system but the nav system was so unreliable that I never even bothered to use it. I'd expect a refund on the cost of the nav system or a replacement as soon as a fix or alternative came out.

If I don't get a consistantly properly functioning 700w or 700p sometime before the end of summer, I'm going to declare breach of contract on Verizon's part and move to a provider who can get me a properly working smart phone for as much money as I'm paying.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    They should help you out... but i wouldnt try it in a store.. they are less likely to do anything for you unless you get lucky....

If you have a business rep. then the sky is the limit in terms of what they will do for you..

I just have to sigh slighly and they whop $$ of our bill... they also let you trade devices left and right.... you get 30 days to play rather than 15... not to mention the steep discounts

Of course the bigger your account the more you get...

...dont know why but they are very strict with consumer accounts....guess people take advantage of things or try to get away with stuff a lot more...or they just need to protect themselfs a bit more from consumers.. i dont know...
    Now that they have released the update. My phone is they way it was supposed to be. I can already tell the difference in Memory management and the push email works great!!! I will keep the 700w.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    How do you know Verizon will carry the 700p? I would say that it's extremely unlikely.
    1) 700p? Nobody has determined it's even coming out, let alone on Verizon.
    2) Get a phone other than one from Palm. Better stuff is on the horizon. What you should have done is gotten rid of the phone and used another phone in the meanwhile. You can't claim breach of contract several months in.
    3) Regardless of the fact that Shmelty is happy he recovered some lost system RAM,
    RAM will always be 32MB in the phone. The real memory issues will not change since you will simply not be able to physically run apps that require a large footprint which every phone will run - except your Treo 700w. Suggestion: Get another phone when you can and if you can get a refund on yours and use an inferior one for a period of time, do it. You can be happy in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    1) 700p? Nobody has determined it's even coming out, let alone on Verizon.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=112380

Posts 17 and 18, in particular
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    RAM will always be 32MB in the phone. The real memory issues will not change since you will simply not be able to physically run apps that require a large footprint which every phone will run - except your Treo 700w. Suggestion: Get another phone when you can and if you can get a refund on yours and use an inferior one for a period of time, do it. You can be happy in the long run.
    Give me ONE program that will not load or run because of RAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    LOL - I read that thread as it developed. Reminds me of a UFO crackpot story where the pictures are so blurry you can't really tell what it is you're being shown. I suppose I can assume whatever is in those pictures is real - no one photoshops pictures THAT poorly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    LOL - I read that thread as it developed. Reminds me of a UFO crackpot story where the pictures are so blurry you can't really tell what it is you're being shown. I suppose I can assume whatever is in those pictures is real - no one photoshops pictures THAT poorly!
    Yeah, and the file details come up correct. Well, mainly... as it says Treo 700. But doesn't specifiy if it's a 700w or 700p.