Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    update with sprite backup on palm site, say it won't destroy data
    doh you beat me to it!!! I'm downloading now...

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

The Palm® Treo™ 700w Updater 1.10 for Verizon Wireless includes the following enhancements for your smartphone:

Includes Microsoft®'s Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP) with Direct Push Technology¹ for automatic wireless synchronization of email, calendar, contacts and, now, tasks² (learn more)
    Enhances email capabilities for more support of push email solutions, such as WirelessSync and GoodLink™, and of synchronization capabilities, such as the ability to maintain an "always on" data connection after POP or IMAP email synchronization and the ability to auto-synchronize all email accounts based on user setting².
    Updated memory management
    Pictures and Videos enhancements
    New Wireless Manager provides an updated interface for turning wireless radios on and off on your 700w smartphone
    Last edited by Weaweil; 04/19/2006 at 04:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    From the link

Do you need this update?

Press Start
    Select Settings.
    Select the System tab.
    Open About.
    Go to the Phone tab.
    Look at the Software Version. What do you see?
    TREO700W-1.02-VZW:
    Yes, you should install this update.

Is there anyone who wouldn't need to install the update? Don't we all have the same version?

D
    I'm installing it....
    Be prepared, it takes 30 minutes to install..
    is this the rom update that good technology was waiting for to officially support the 700?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    How about us poor bastards that can't get ActiveSync to work with our Treos?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdoe
    is this the rom update that good technology was waiting for to officially support the 700?
    read danielson!! From my post above...

"Enhances email capabilities for more support of push email solutions, such as WirelessSync and GoodLink"
    I have a question, Once I install this how do I verify that my exchange provider is providing the feature on there end? I guess how do I verify that push is really working. I am in class right now so I will have to wait until I get home to do the update
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerucf
    I have a question, Once I install this how do I verify that my exchange provider is providing the feature on there end? I guess how do I verify that push is really working. I am in class right now so I will have to wait until I get home to do the update
    You set Activesync on your phone to "Always Sync" or something like that then send an e-mail to yourself. My experiance is the e-mails hit the device before the inbox!
    I don't notice any mention of voice command for BT....
    Quote Originally Posted by dkincaid
    I don't notice any mention of voice command for BT....
    Why would they unless MIcrosoft released an update to Voice Command with support for BT dialing which they haven't.

I am a bit disheartened to see no mention of A2DP but a.) I'm not suprised and b.) I am waiting for the install to finish to determine for myself if the profile is there.
    Update complete, I can verify that all of my data was still on the phone after the install including all of my e-mails, calendar entries etc..

After install I had 10.46MB of memory free.

Push is working beautifully. I have gotten 10 messages since completing the update and all of them come to the phone on average of 30sec - 1 min faster then my inbox LOL

More to come in a bit...
    Last edited by Weaweil; 04/19/2006 at 05:26 PM.
    Any word on the status of A2Dp being on here? Did Verizon strip that as well?
    I wonder if this update fixes the DST problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by karterius
    Any word on the status of A2Dp being on here? Did Verizon strip that as well?
    I don't see it on here under Bluetooth settings. I also don't have an A2DP headset to try and pair up. Sorry....
    someone at least try a bluetooth headset/earpiece with it and see if there is any difference. Why this phone can't do what a $50 phone can is beyond me....
    Is there anything different between the Palm version of Sprite and Sprite's own version? I'm wondering if it's different or better tailored to the 700w.
    I have 1MB more after a soft-reset than before with this update. I had ~14.20 now it's 15.11. Awesome. I did not have to restore anything because the update kept my data intact.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Also notice the update to Piscel PDF Viewer!
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast