Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdoe
    ive got gmail set up under the messaging settings as a pop3 account, but am not getting the push functionality and i know my install was successful...any suggestions?...i turned off the function to check for messages every x minutes since i thought this was supposed to be real time?...do i need to use wireless sync?
    Push is for Exhange not gmail or other pop3s'.
    someone was saying that their pop3 email accounts were pushing as a result of the update...is that just a misinterpretation then?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Yes it is. They are saying that with the POP3 accounts the phone keeps a connection after you sync once with the account. It is not Push Email. Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 is required for this.
    someone was saying that their pop3 email accounts were pushing as a result of the update...is that just a misinterpretation then?
    When I did my update, it changed my gmail to check every so many minutes. Prior to the update, I had it set for manual.

As far as push, Outlook Mobile Access creates a state (autdstate.xml) file that is compared to your device, once the state file is updated, the new items are sent to your treo and you are synched.
    http://cavemonkey50.com/2006/04/veri...fers-on-razrs/

We waited all this time for the update to the 700w and we're left hanging still
    ok thanks dimitri...

did anyone see the call send flash function when you press the green button?...i cant access the feature...its bolded in green..so i cant tell what it does...anyone know?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    can someone please help me with setting up my new mail2web account. do i need to install wireless sync.
    i'll say the memory leak seems to be plugged - at least for me. i was usually hovering around 3mb-7mb with just AS and Messagine open...now i'm around 9-12!
    is mail2web the best service out there...cuz someone was telling me about emoze...
    is mail2web the best service out there...cuz someone was telling me about emoze...
    try 4smartphone.net I have heard good things about them.
    Emoze is NOT MS Exchange Direct Push...you have to install software on your desktop PC and your mobile device. It's similar to VZW WirelessSync I believe.

Mail2Web is by far the BEST service for being free. There are hundreds of other "Hosted-Exchange" services but they all cost $ and obviously offer more things.

Remember you need to sign up at http://live.mail2web.com. The Live account is the one that's free and offers ActiveSync DirectPush. It's been working great!
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    thanks for the clarification...
    Yeah, I don't think my update went through right. It won't run again, says it already has the update. But AS still wants an SMS address for push e-mail and i can't do a contacts lookup in messaging. I may be looking at yet another hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by chewybrain
    Yeah, I don't think my update went through right. It won't run again, says it already has the update. But AS still wants an SMS address for push e-mail and i can't do a contacts lookup in messaging. I may be looking at yet another hard reset.
    Are you connecting to and Exchange 2003 server with sp2?
    Once you have signed up at for a Mail2Web Live account and it's active. Test by logging into it through Outlook Web Access on your PC.

Here's the quick and dirty on how to configure your WM5 device - the Mail2Web website settings are actually incorrect!

1. Open ActiveSync
    2. Menu
    3. Add Server Source (something along these lines)
    4. In Server address: mobile.exchange.mail2web.com (make sure "This server requires an encyrpted SSL connection" is checked)
    5. Hit Next
    6. On this page:
    Username: xxxxx@mail2web.com
    Password: <your password>
    Domain: ad2
    Check the save password box if you want.
    7. Click on Advanced
    8. Change the conflict and event logging as you want. Hit Next
    9. Select the things you want to synchronize by checking the box next to them
    10. Make sure for things like Calendar and Email you click on Settings... button on this screen to configure that syncrhonization
    10a. In Settings for Email there's a place where you can enter the email address you're using, here you should type xxxxx@mail2web.com. This is how the Exchange server knows to remove your address when you reply-all,etc.
    11. Hit Finish

It will now if I remember right, do a sync. Now when you launch Outlook Mobile, your Mail2Web account will show up under Outlook Email.

Part B!
    1. Go to Outlook Mobile and go to your Outlook E-Mail account.
    2. Hit Menu, Tools, Manager Folders
    3. Check the box next to Sent Items. This will sync your sent items with the server. You can also manage synching other folders here too.

You're good to go! Enjoy!
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
    Emoze is NOT MS Exchange Direct Push...you have to install software on your desktop PC and your mobile device. It's similar to VZW WirelessSync I believe.

Mail2Web is by far the BEST service for being free. There are hundreds of other "Hosted-Exchange" services but they all cost $ and obviously offer more things.

Remember you need to sign up at http://live.mail2web.com. The Live account is the one that's free and offers ActiveSync DirectPush. It's been working great!

can you please help me setup my mail2web. i signed up but have no clue on where to go now. thank you.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    haha i really appretiate it. is there a way to forward gmail emails to this account...it seems that would work fine but the sending of email wouldnt be your gmail account. is that correct?
    Last edited by jbee21; 04/20/2006 at 12:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I also got stuck during "Updating". I waited for one hour and no further progress was made. I then reset the device (soft), deleted the update forder (as Palm recommended) and tried the update again.

Now I get the message that I already have the update and do not need to update.

I checked the camera settings and burst is not there. Therefore, the update is not complete.

I also tried to then change the name of the file as recommended above, but that file is not there.

I suppose I will need to do a hard reset and restore an earlier backup file and then try again. Will that even work since this was a ROM update?

Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbee21
    haha i really appretiate it.
    That's funny, I wrote that before you even asked for it.
    Shmelty, we are indeed on Exchange 2003 SP2.
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast