Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 326
  1. #141  
    Square peg in square hole.....

    The power supply plugs into the sqare home of the AS cable
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdawg
    I am having this problem as well: I can't get the update to work. When I click on setup.exe I eventually get an error message telling me that it can't find the 700wUpdater.msi file. I have read the responses to get that fixed, but I don't really understand them. Ok, call me a dumb@$$ or a newbie, but can someone do a more specific walkthrough on how to get this issue resolved? I would really appreciate the assistance.
    Just double click on the .msi file itself. This will start the process.
  3. kalinsky's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdawg
    I am having this problem as well: I can't get the update to work. When I click on setup.exe I eventually get an error message telling me that it can't find the 700wUpdater.msi file. I have read the responses to get that fixed, but I don't really understand them. Ok, call me a dumb@$$ or a newbie, but can someone do a more specific walkthrough on how to get this issue resolved? I would really appreciate the assistance.
    Just double-click on the .msi file. It should be in the same directory as the setup.exe file. This worked for me.
  4. #144  
    Last night I tried the update and it froze at executing update about 3/4 of the way through. Phones locked, im currently at work and have no phone/pda functions, curious to see what palm says. anyone else have this problem?
  5. Germanguy's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #145  
    Ok. I finally found the solution. I had to disable Virus protection.
    Last edited by Germanguy; 04/20/2006 at 01:03 PM.
  6. JHoffy's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #146  
    Anyone notice if this OS is more stable. I love my treo, but with the instability of the OS and having to do multiple resets a day, I have had to change phones. Right now, I am trialing a blackberry... does the job, but not nearly as versatile. To tell you the truth, I am pretty unhappy with it... no matter how hard I press on the screen, I can't make it touch sensative.
    Unfortunately, a stable OS is a necessity for me... please let me know your thoughts. I have only a couple of days left to return this bb7130e.

    Thanks,

    Jon
  7. #147  
    I am stuck at the end of Copying Files, but my device shows the 0.77.00 ENG boot screen. Elapsed time is 55 minutes now. Should I restart the process and hope that my device isn't hosed?
  8. #148  
    The update went well and I am loving push email but I have to say, I do not see where they fixed the memory leak. I am still running out of memory after closing programs in task manager.
  9. rawdawg's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmelty
    Just double click on the .msi file itself. This will start the process.
    Ok, so when I'm looking in the folder after I decompress the file, I just double click on the .msi file versus clicking on the setup.exe file? I will give it a try this afternoon when I get home. Thanks
  10. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #150  
    Anyone else not seeing usbswitch in Programs?
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoffy
    Anyone notice if this OS is more stable. I love my treo, but with the instability of the OS and having to do multiple resets a day, I have had to change phones. Right now, I am trialing a blackberry... does the job, but not nearly as versatile. To tell you the truth, I am pretty unhappy with it... no matter how hard I press on the screen, I can't make it touch sensative.
    Unfortunately, a stable OS is a necessity for me... please let me know your thoughts. I have only a couple of days left to return this bb7130e.

    Thanks,

    Jon
    Hi Jon,
    I have never had the stability issues that you mrntion here but I can say that for the last hour,while waiting for my car to be finished, I have been listening to mp3s, browsing these forums, and receiving/replying to email with zero stability issues.
  12. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #152  
    UsbSwitch isn't in the Program list, it is in the Windows folder. I just tapped on it and got a message saying "Change completed successfully. This device will now connect using RNDIS USB." Any idea what that mean anyone? Also, did anyone figure out what Palm UpdInfo is? Can I remove it? Those of you that hard reset, is it gone from the Remove Programs list?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  13. AKay's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #153  
    i use wireless sync for email. and i have noticed that now it doesnt let me know that the inbox was updated with an audio beep. But it does let me know that i have a new email and shows a mini preview ala when you get a text message.
    Pretty cool and will take some getting used to.
    AKay
  14. #154  
    Chewybrain: see post # 134 in this thread. It sounds like the issue I had and the Palm document solved it.
  15. #155  
    What about those who stopped after copying files, mine stopped while executing update. I tried a soft reset, hard reset, restarting the update everything and nothing seems to be working any ideas?
  16. #156  
    My second attempt at the update (after completing the steps referenced in post 134 in this thread) completed successfully and the phone seems to be working well. My available memory jumped from around 5MB to almost 11 MB available and the phone seems to be working faster (both the interface and wireless activesync). I'm happy. Thanks for all the great information in this thread and the site as a whole.
  17. JHoffy's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #157  
    Thanks for the reply.. you seem like one of the lucky ones... after surfing this site for several months now, I know I am not the only one who has these issues. Did you have any of these problems before the upgrade?

    Can anyone else comment yet on the differences in the stability?

    Thanks in advance,

    Jon
  18. #158  
    I have hotmail, I paid for the expanded service with 2 gigs of space....any idea how I can make it work with Activesync so that I can take advantage of this new feature of the Treo? Does it have an option to such within hotmail and if not can ideas on how I can use like two services to get the email to my device? T
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    UsbSwitch isn't in the Program list, it is in the Windows folder. I just tapped on it and got a message saying "Change completed successfully. This device will now connect using RNDIS USB." Any idea what that mean anyone? Also, did anyone figure out what Palm UpdInfo is? Can I remove it? Those of you that hard reset, is it gone from the Remove Programs list?
    WM5 devices connect to AS 4.1 by essentially emulating a network connection over USB, which has caused some people problems. The USBSwitch allows you to toggle the USB cable sync between the default RNDIS (network mode) and the old serial mode.

    Not sure of the advantages/disadvantages of either.
  20. #160  
    ive got gmail set up under the messaging settings as a pop3 account, but am not getting the push functionality and i know my install was successful...any suggestions?...i turned off the function to check for messages every x minutes since i thought this was supposed to be real time?...do i need to use wireless sync?
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions