Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    i am using pop3....and also im not experiencing any memory gain...and actualy before the update using the neverdorkmemory reg edit i was getting better memory control than now....weird im running at about 7.4 all the time
    And that Microsoft confirmed that the neverdork edit does nothing on Windows Mobile 5
    maybe true....BUT i DEFINATLEY noticed a difference with memory leaks and how much faster it was thrown back into the pool.....idk what to think about your comment as it worked wonderfully with me...really
    I just noticed that in the Task program, the left soft-menu button is now either Activate or Complete. Cool!
    Ok, I am also stuck on the blue 0.77/red 0.77.00 ENG screen on the 700w. The Copying Files went to then end, then it dropped my AS, and the screen on the Treo has been stuck with the .77s. I am using BT to connect (can't use USB to AS) - so did it drop my connection, now it's stuck? Can anyone confirm if this is 'normal' - making an assumption that the 700w is making the updates while in this .77 mode....Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ghclifford; 04/19/2006 at 10:59 PM.
    My phone stayed like that for 5 minutes or so without any progress bar on the screen with only the computer application counting up elapsed time and that progress bar advancing. Then my phone had a progress bar appear on it and about 20 minutes later it was done. I would let it sit like that a while longer, though I did mine over USB, not BT.
    -Dan
    Thanks for the reply - I am letting it run to see what happens....counter is at 28mins, no progress bar on the phone at all, just the static .77 screen.....we'll see what happens!
    there's some FAQ listed down at the bottom of the updater page...maybe they can answer some of your questions
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Just wanted to say congrats to Treo 700W users in getting DirectPush email support. If you don't have an Exchange server currently, definitely sign up for Mail2Web's FREE Live service, they now offer DirectPush email, calendar, tasks sync with no catches or issues.

I've been using it on my Cingular 8125 with the AKU2 ROM update and it works perfectly and like I said, it's absolutely free!

http://live.mail2web.com
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Whats up with remote wipe?
    Well, I had to pull the battery out and stop the process - same experience as someone earlier - once I inserted battery, a brief update proces appeared, phone started, and things look normal....and other than the software version changing, I am not seeing any differences (although it does look like I picked up 1mb or so in memory). Anyone have other quick things to check to see if the update actually did work?
    from my understanding of it if your device gets lost or stolen your IT can wipe out the data over-the-air
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Quote Originally Posted by ghclifford
    Well, I had to pull the battery out and stop the process - same experience as someone earlier - once I inserted battery, a brief update proces appeared, phone started, and things look normal....and other than the software version changing, I am not seeing any differences (although it does look like I picked up 1mb or so in memory). Anyone have other quick things to check to see if the update actually did work?
    load up your camera...in the mode you should have single shot/burst/movie now. task will have activate on your lower left soft key as well.

Active Sync screen under menu schedule there's no longer an option to enter your phone number for txt msg
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Thanks Foofighter - I don't have any of those...so although the software version was updated, it doesn't appear that any changes were made....which sucks!
    ghclifford - several other folks in this thread with the same issue. Doesn't sound like they found a solution. At least one or two called VZN and are getting replacement phones shipped out tomorrow. Pretty sad.
    Thanks adamt....I did see that - I wonder if the new phones will already be updated to the new version? Will wait and see what everyone says....always fun to upgrade!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghclifford
    go to Start > Settings > Conections and see if you have the "Wireless Manager"

If you do then you were updated! Also under Contacts you have the ablitity to "Find Online" if you are using an Exchange server.
    If your installer hangs while trying to update and your phone reports it's running version 1.10 when you know it's not completely updated (easiest way to check is if burst mode is available on your camera), the easiest way to trick the installer into re-running the updater is to simply update the "vers" file in C:\Program Files\palm\Treo700wUpdater

I changed mine to read "1.20" from "1.10"...I figured I'd give it a shot, and right now, the updater is running and has gotten farther than it did the first time. I'm hoping it'll finish w/o a hitch...even though I did hard reset before running it this time.

Hey, at least it's better than wasting your time waiting for a replacement phone!

I don't know if the "vers" file is used for any other purpose other than comparing the version of the software on your phone to the version of the software for the updater, but I just thought I'd share this info for those of you at a dead-end.
    another thing i notice is that my battery consumption hasnt been greatly diminished..since i installed this updater around 6:00PM it's now 10:00PM and battery is still good despite the device checking the server.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter
    from my understanding of it if your device gets lost or stolen your IT can wipe out the data over-the-air

ok, thats nice and all but how do we do it?

John
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast