Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kapdori
    Is anyone who successfully installed the update look at the option on active sync for exchange server? is it different from before for notification? I mean before we had to input the text messaging info to have push the email. is it different now?
    thanks
    You no longer have to input the txt messaging info. Just simply select "As Items Arrive"
    Does the new update change wireless sync over to the new push mail method??? Just wondering if my emails will finally get to my phone in a resonable amount of time with the new update??

Thanks
    I still cannot get over the fact that I have close to 10mb of free ram now!
    Quote Originally Posted by adamt
    I had 2,312 files in my temp directory. So far it's about 5 minutes into deleting. Based on the fact that I hear it takes "seconds" per file to delete from the memory on this device (that was from the Windows Mobile Developers Blog story I read a few days back), I'm expecting this to take at least 30-60 minutes. The real question is - since my wireless is on, what happens if someone calls?
    Mine ended up taking about 25 minutes. Completed fine.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Also notice the ability to maintain an "always on" data connection after POP or IMAP email synchronization and the ability to auto-synchronize all email accounts based on user setting!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!
    Gex-
    which menu do you see this option?
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Completed my update an hour ago. A few observations:

1.) How do we know we're using PUSH instead of AUTD (SMS fake push)? There is no "Push setup screen" that I could find, simply choosing "As Items Arrive" under ActiveSync->Scheduling... seems to be the only option.

2.) Changes in Pocket Outlook. Scroll past the last email at the bottom of the list returns you to the top of the list of emails. Hitting the GREEN button on an email asks you if you want to CALL the person instead of just returning to the phone app with the persons number highlighted. I'm sure there are more changes, this is what I've found so far.

3.) I noticed only about 1-2MB more free memory on my phone, with Outlook, ActiveSync, FizzWeather, XCPU Scaler and PDANet running. I boot with about 5-6MB free.

4.) Push email seems to be "as fast" as AUTD. Emails still arrive on my phone before Outlook on my desktop.
    Mine died as well... Damn phone...
    Anyone know what usbswitch does in programs? Seems to be new since the update.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    wow, activesync cuts out right after copying files

fantastic!
    i started the install and then it asked me to plug in the power cord inwhich i didnt have cuz i was using the usb cord that came with the treo which doesnt have power......so i unplugged the devise and used switched with my powered usb cord.....waited the 30 minutes and nothing...so i closed out the install window uinplugged the treo and did a sprite restore......after the restore from yesterday i plugged back in and started the install again and so far it seems to be working as im on the treo start up screen with a blue 0.77 at the top and a red 0.77.00ENG underneath that.......did you guys get this also when installing?......i dont wanna have to get a new phone....hopefully the sprite backup restore did what it was supposed to do....what do ya think?
    i'm at the same screen right now with the 0.77 and 0.77.0 ENG ?
    Yes that is the standard install screen with a progress bar at the bottom. It seems faster after the upgrade but I also did a hard reset prior to upgrading. I have much more memory available after reloading good though. Now for pocket weather etc.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I only see a 0.7MB free memory increase after the update on mine. (12.0MB to 12.7MB).
    We'll see if they fixed the memory leak problem....
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by kapdori
    Is anyone who successfully installed the update look at the option on active sync for exchange server? is it different from before for notification? I mean before we had to input the text messaging info to have push the email. is it different now?
    thanks
    how you can tell if you're on true push...before you had the option to put in your mobile phone's number e.g. 123-444-1234@vzwmail.net that's gone now.

I love the fact that i can look up our outlook email directory...that's a big plus for me!
    Last edited by foofighter; 04/19/2006 at 10:38 PM.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    I had to ask for replacement phone. They are sending it out but what a hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter
    how you can tell if you're on true push...before you had the option to put in your mobile phone's number e.g. 123-444-1234@vzwmail.net that's gone now.

I love the fact that i can look up our outlook email directory...that's a big plus for me!
    well ill tell you this.....right after i did the update i received 9 emails.....and i dont use an exchanger server....these were pop3 emails.....so push works for me i guess
    how will this effect the registery changes that we have alread made in the past.....will they still work? especially something like tweaks2k2
    I did a hard reset after the update and was looking for the Temp folder but it's no where to be found anymore in the Windows directory.
    Happy - DirectPush is for Exchange only. Are you using Verizon's Wireless Sync or Outlook with POP3?
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    well ill tell you this.....right after i did the update i received 9 emails.....and i dont use an exchanger server....these were pop3 emails.....so push works for me i guess
    I wonder if it automatically just goes and polls all your email accounts
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast