Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srmoreno
    Are you saying mailstreet hasn't upgraded to SP2? Or that I haven't?

Thanks for the help
    mailstreet is primarily not on SP2 (not you, them). It's scheduled for August I was told.. but it depends on which server you account is on (i.e. MSE6).

so all i am saying is unless you are on a newer server, you wont have Direct Push. (this has nothing to do with goodLink), but in my case I was trying to evaluate which is better for me.. but I can't yet, since the server i am on at mailstreet is not up to SP2 yet..
    Quote Originally Posted by sig
    excerpt from updated user manual:

"Your smartphone only supports call audio with Bluetooth headsets. It does not support stereo music playback with Bluetooth headsets (enabled with Bluetooth A2DP profile)."

Looks like we're SOL until the (next?) firmware upgrade.
    This is in the manual of the new aku2? Sounds like an implication of a2dp on the way, but if they were giving us a2dp, why would have disbled it in this release?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    ok I contacted mailstreet and they pushed 4.8 to my device. They also said that their server has been updated with the new software, SP2 yesterday. I use MSE8
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    By the way, push email with mailstreet along with 4.8 is smoking fast.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srmoreno
    ok I contacted mailstreet and they pushed 4.8 to my device. They also said that their server has been updated with the new software, SP2 yesterday. I use MSE8
    mse8 and mse9 are on sp2.. i am on mse4 and they are not yet.. and they want me to pay for the goodlink setup AGAIN to move my 3 email accounts to mse8 or mse9..

are you using Direct push as well as GoodLink?

if so, which do you like better??... i was considering dropping GoodLink for Direct Push if it was sufficient.. I am not a 1000 person company (its just my 3 treos), and the only reason i wanted goodlink was for Push email and OTA syncing of contacts and calendars.. so I am rethinking GoodLink.. I was planning on doing a side by side trial but since I am not on SP2, its not an option yet.
    Has anyone tried using PDANet http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/ with the new Treo 700w update. I want to make sure it works before I do the upgrade.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveBush
    Has anyone tried using PDANet http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/ with the new Treo 700w update. I want to make sure it works before I do the upgrade.
    try this: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=112386
    After the update, my phone displays the clock and alarm settings while talking on the phone... anyone else have this problem? Is this a bug or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    If you took a few minutes to read any of the previous posts or any documentation on this update, you would know the answer is no.
    Well, you are a nice and friendly guy! Thanks! You are a breath of fresh air!

Thanks again!
    I read about the update while I was on trabel and was eager to download it when I got home. But when wen to Palm to download the updates,I got the message on the that it was now unavailable and would be available at later date. Does anyone know what is going on?
    Katie
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Very interesting...Palm took off the update from their site!!!
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    I installed the updater and some funky stuff started happening with my Exchange Direct Push e-mail. Did a hard reset and reconfigured everything... Will see if it behaves. Perhaps that's why they pulled it.
    i'm sure they're bugs that some of you have been reporting...or vzw told them they wanted to host it

found a nice person that uploaded it

http://www.savefile.com/files/8803988
    Last edited by foofighter; 04/22/2006 at 12:25 AM.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Excellent... they finally fixed the "issue" with 4 digit passwords... I would have to hit the key under A twice and then type the number before. Now I can just type the number.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    HMM, very interesting that the update is no longer available.. maybe its just the installer problem... but that would not take long to fix.

It will be interesting to see if there are any changes when it comes back....I hope they comunicate what is going on...
    Quote Originally Posted by elmaldonado
    Well, you are a nice and friendly guy! Thanks! You are a breath of fresh air!

Thanks again!
    Don't have much patience for people asking obvious questions they could easily answer on their own if they even tried. Outside of that, you're right...I'm very friendly.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    I attempted the 1.10 to 1.11/1.20 change in the vers file in Notepad, but it still isn't working. I've searched through the thread and haven't seen any other suggestions. Does anyone else have any other solutions (other than calling for a new phone from Verizon)??

Thanks very much in advance!!
    i bet you they took it off because vzw was getting a lot of calls to their data dept with people bricking their phones
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I am using goodlink for my home email and wireless sync for my work email (Work won't let me put the auto forward rule on, so my only option is to wireless sync behind their backs)

Goodlink works awesome now with the 4.8 version and the new palm update. Comes through smoking fast.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Is 4Smartphone pretty much the same as goodlink but cheaper? What are the differences between the two? I currently use goodlink and it works very well for me and it's fast. But if I can save money by switching to 4Smartphone then by all means; of course it would seem that it might not be as good for the price.

So with all that, what are the differences between the two??