Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
    Yes 4Smartphone has that ability and $4/mo is not much - the reason I use Mail2Web is simple, I just want a specific address that is push email.

I have my Yahoo and GMAIL accounts setup in Pocket Outlook as POP3 accounts which get polled every 10 mins. I don't need email in those accounts instantly - I've had a Blackberry for 4 years so I know all about instant email.

However, by having a separate Mail2Web account that is pushed to my device, I can use that almost like a pager. I use that address for alerts, if people need to contact me immediately, etc.

The way I see it, for my Yahoo and GMail accounts, waiting UPTO 10 mins (depends when the email arrives within the 10 min wait so it can be less than a min) is worth not having to pay anything...I pay Cingular enough for service
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsg63
    YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!

Anyone know if refurb Treos are any good?

THANKS!
    Paul G
    <><
    No problems with the one I got this week.

I had to do a hard-reset last night because Pocket Plus did not
    work quite right.
    Also I see that there are no more 0 tmp files being created.
    Hello all,

When I try to install I get an error about temp .inf files. I'm assuming that I need to clear out my temp files. But I'm not sure how to do that.

When I go to the Temp directory, I get the Windoes Pie then my phone times out and goes dark. I have let it sit for a while, come back and it's still in the pie. What am I doing wrong?

Thoughts?
    Palm 700w
    I'm a newbie to smartphones and the like, so be nice!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Wingnut, you are doing nothing wrong, depending how many temp files you have it will take a long while for the files to delete. I had over 8,000 0kb files, it took all of yesterday to delete the files. I big pain in the a..
    I still do not have the sync option "As items arrive" under Activesync..Menu...Schedule and I do not have the "Search Server" option in Contacts. All other aspects of the upgrade seem to be there.

I have confirmed that we are running Exchange 2003 with SP2. I deleted my exchange server and reloaded it on my Treo but still nothing. Can anyone help me with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o
    I still do not have the sync option "As items arrive" under Activesync..Menu...Schedule and I do not have the "Search Server" option in Contacts. All other aspects of the upgrade seem to be there.

I have confirmed that we are running Exchange 2003 with SP2. I deleted my exchange server and reloaded it on my Treo but still nothing. Can anyone help me with this?
    Just out of curiosity, did your IT Dept have to set something up on the Exchange server for it to work? I went through this White Paper from Microsoft last night and I wasn't sure if it was just a matter of me downloading ActiveSync 4.1 on my computer at work and letting it get the settings from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein
    Will this be a problem when the actual 1.2 update comes out?
    Does vers on the handheld end up correct? If so, uninstall the updater on the workstation and you should be good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by rohn_s
    Wingnut, you are doing nothing wrong, depending how many temp files you have it will take a long while for the files to delete. I had over 8,000 0kb files, it took all of yesterday to delete the files. I big pain in the a..

MemMaid took care of all of my Temp files in 10 seconds. Great utility. Especially if we're going to be updating this phone often.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdstoll
    Just out of curiosity, did your IT Dept have to set something up on the Exchange server for it to work? I went through this White Paper from Microsoft last night and I wasn't sure if it was just a matter of me downloading ActiveSync 4.1 on my computer at work and letting it get the settings from there.
    I don't sync with my work computer via USB, only over the air. I USB sync only with my home PC. No matter what PC I try to USB sync with I get an Activesync error that says it cannot find or sync with my Exchange Server. Yet over the air it works fine. The error code it gives me is not even in the database on Palm's website. God I hate Activesync.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdstoll
    Yes having SP2 installed on the Exchange server is not enough, there is some small configuration required and users need to be included in the Mobile profile.

That being said, if Tre-i-e-i-o's admin's have installed SP2 I am assuming they also configured the WM portion.

I will ask around here and see if any of our admins and see if I can get any additional info for ya...

-Mashie
    Thanks Weaweil. Unfortunately we are putting in an entire new network this weekend so I am low on the priority list. However maybe I can get the company President to start asking for Push on his phone and see how fast it gets done. Any info would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil
    Yes having SP2 installed on the Exchange server is not enough, there is some small configuration required and users need to be included in the Mobile profile.

That being said, if Tre-i-e-i-o's admin's have installed SP2 I am assuming they also configured the WM portion.

I will ask around here and see if any of our admins and see if I can get any additional info for ya...

-Mashie
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...echnology.html

I am not an exchange admin, but it says "When Exchange 2003 SP2 has been applied, the DirectPush feature will be enabled by default"
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quick question. For those of you who set up mail2web.com accounts, how do you set up the accounts on MS outlook so that you can access the exchange without actually going on the internet?

Thanks in advance.

Jon
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    MemMaid took care of all of my Temp files in 10 seconds. Great utility. Especially if we're going to be updating this phone often.
    I found the same thing. Temp files weren't an issue for me either.

D
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I went to the goodlink page and downloaded the 4.8 version off their page to my desktop. I am having a hard time installing it on my treo....

Help
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srmoreno
    I went to the goodlink page and downloaded the 4.8 version off their page to my desktop. I am having a hard time installing it on my treo....

Help
    goodlink has a whole server component, its not like chatter or some of the other apps that just get installed on the device.. so unless your running the goodlink server, and have it connected to your exchange server, it wont work.

I use a hosted exchange provider (mailstreet) which has goodlink server running, and then have a license for 2 treo 700's.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I also use mailstreet,,,I currently have version 4.7 installed,,, just trying to figure out how to update to 4.8,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o
    Thanks Weaweil. Unfortunately we are putting in an entire new network this weekend so I am low on the priority list. However maybe I can get the company President to start asking for Push on his phone and see how fast it gets done. Any info would be appreciated.
    Ok I confirmed with my IT guys that there is a little bit of Mobile configuration that needs to be done after SP2 is applied. Once that is done the phone will synch with the Exchange server and the options will become available. Now the configuration udpates only get pushed to the phone once per day so you can move the calendar ahead on the phone then synch to get the features to show up.

I am not sure what "configuration" needs to happen on the Exchange but there is some....
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srmoreno
    I also use mailstreet,,,I currently have version 4.7 installed,,, just trying to figure out how to update to 4.8,,,,
    Oh, OK.. just go online to mailstreet.com and go to the Tech Support Chat (located at the top of the page). Ask them to OTA push version 4.8 of goodlink to your device.. it will download it automatically.. then the treo will prompt you to install it..

Also just a note on mailstreet, you probably dont have exchange 2003 SP2
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Are you saying mailstreet hasn't upgraded to SP2? Or that I haven't?

Thanks for the help