Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Just did the update and at the very end, when it looked like it was done I got the following error,"Microsoft HTML Application has encountered an error and has to close." The window for the update then closed. So the question: how do I know if the update is completed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil
    try 4smartphone.net I have heard good things about them.
    I use 4 smartphone.net and i paid 50 for 12 months. My company uses exchange 2000 and i have my mail forwarded to 4smartphone so that i can use push email. this service makes it soe nobody knows that you are having your mail forwarded. I really reccomend it
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I need a little guidance to make sure my updated worked. Something happened and I had to hard reset my device in the middle of the update. My software version says it is on 1.10 now, but I am not convinced that the updated actually finished. Other than it saying it is on 1.10 are their other signs (e.g. new apps, settings, etc.) that show up after the software updated that point to the fact that it did complete?

I have tried verifying that the Push technology is working as a way to certify the updated work, but Push is not working so I am trying to rule other items out before calling Palm.

Does anyone know how to force it to run the upgrade again? I try to run it and it says it is not necessary. Is there a registry setting that I can change to fool it?
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rrhutch
    I need a little guidance to make sure my updated worked. Something happened and I had to hard reset my device in the middle of the update. My software version says it is on 1.10 now, but I am not convinced that the updated actually finished. Other than it saying it is on 1.10 are their other signs (e.g. new apps, settings, etc.) that show up after the software updated that point to the fact that it did complete?

I have tried verifying that the Push technology is working as a way to certify the updated work, but Push is not working so I am trying to rule other items out before calling Palm.

Does anyone know how to force it to run the upgrade again? I try to run it and it says it is not necessary. Is there a registry setting that I can change to fool it?
    It's in this thread. Just need to change the version to 1.20 on your computer with notepad. Had the same problem and it works like a charm.
    Same thing happened to me. I killed the PC process, removed the Treo and did a hard reset. I then restared the upgrade which completed fine.

The copying step should only take about 1 minute and then it should start showing updates to the progress bar every 30 seconds or so.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    You are correct. Thanks to NotoriousBOG for posting this solution.
    I'm running the updater on the phone now. After the "copying files" thing go to the end, and it told me it was running the update, my IR AS connection dropped.

Th eclock is still running on the PC updater screen, but there seems to be no progress bar on the phone side ot tell me it is actually doing anything. So far at 15 minutes.

It is time to worry yet?

Why would u do this update via IR?
    Man, considering the nightmares people have posted I would do this in a locked room via usb after a hardreset and a long prayer. Anything else is treo suicide
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    ^^ I was at that point yesterday. When I exited the program and closed AS, my phone got ****ed. Boohoo is me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerucf
    Why would u do this update via IR?
    I have no choice if I want it... I think the RNDIS is causing me not to connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdd543
    It's in this thread. Just need to change the version to 1.20 on your computer with notepad. Had the same problem and it works like a charm.
    I tried setting the vers file to both 1.11 and 1.20 and neither worked for me, the updater still says I don't need to run it. Am I missing something?
    So, should we all call VZ and have our SMS allowance removed? ;-)
    I am not going to call, I get a lot of txt's anyways. I think the fact that we have to pay for sms is pretty lame.
    I agree, just thought I would pose the question.
    Am I missing something or did this update not really change anything? Before this update I could have my phone sync "as items arrive" entered my mms url 1112223333@vtext.com and any emails are then would sync as they are recieved.

Now also how do you enforce a pin? I thought that was the extra security piece that this was supposed to bring. We installed the Web Administration piece and can do a remote wipe I don't see anywhere where you can enforce a pin to do a wipe after 3-4 mistyped pins. Any ideas??? From what I see this update didn't do anyting but give remote wipe capabilities but not automatic wipes.

One more rant - I have an exchange rule that says to move any email sent only to me to a subfolder. It is set to sync but it does not initiate a sync "as items arrive" like emails that land in my regular inbox. Anyone else having this issue?
    Last edited by flea2k; 04/20/2006 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flea2k
    Am I missing something or did this update not really change anything? Before this update I could have my phone sync "as items arrive" entered my mms url 1112223333@vtext.com and any emails are then would sync as they are recieved.

Now also how do you enforce a pin? I thought that was the extra security piece that this was supposed to bring. We installed the Web Administration piece and can do a remote wipe I don't see anywhere where you can enforce a pin to do a wipe after 3-4 mistyped pins. Any ideas??? From what I see this update didn't do anyting but give remote wipe capabilities but not automatic wipes.

One more rant - I have an exchange rule that says to move any email sent only to me to a subfolder. It is set to sync but it does not initiate a sync "as items arrive" like emails that land in my regular inbox. Anyone else having this issue?
    If you have not observed a difference in behavior perhaps you should make sure exchange is running SP2. Do you get you tasks synced from exchange or are they always not syncing? If they don't sync then this is a pretty sure sign you are not on SP2.

I have been seeing all the memory improvements, more RAM on boot up and it reclaimes RAM faster (or period where it used to not without a reboot).

A couple of things:

1.) Did the email app used to wrap around? What I mean is I can scroll all the way to the top of my inbox and keep holding up and I will automatically be at the bottow and vice versa for bottom-->top: I don't remember it doing this.

2.) Has the camera brightness always been a setting option in the camera app? If I open the camera and press right or left on the five way the camera brightness goes up or down respectively.

I can't speak of the Push stuff because Hilton Corp is still on SP1 of Exchange2003, but this has been a score for me just from the memory standpoint.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Anyone have a problem with dropped calls?
    I upgraded without a problem. The exchange sync and push mail is working great.
    However, when I talk on the phone, it drops the call about 1 minute or less into the conversation... anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22

2.) Has the camera brightness always been a setting option in the camera app? If I open the camera and press right or left on the five way the camera brightness goes up or down respectively.
    Yes, that was always there since the 700w first shipped.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    i just noticed that if your phone is on silent, it no longer has one long continuous vibrate--it now vibrates in pulses.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast