Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 326
  1. #181  
    mobilehavoc, thanks for the info. Is there a way to have your primary email address show or a "reply to" address insted of the mail2web email address when sending mail from the 700w?
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by dewars
    mobilehavoc, thanks for the info. Is there a way to have your primary email address show or a "reply to" address insted of the mail2web email address when sending mail from the 700w?
    I don't believe Mail2Web supports this with their free Live account.

    I believe 4SmartPhone.net (similar service) offers the ability to have email forwarded to that account and any outbound email looks like it came from that forwarded account. So in other words, the xxx@4smartphone.net address is never seen or used by anybody you email with.

    Keep in mind though 4SmartPhone.net does cost $ a month albeit it's not much. Good luck.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  3. #183  
    hard reset first and go to c:\program files\palm\treo700wupdater folder and look for file called vers. Open it with word pad and change the number to 1.11 and save it.
    re-connect the treo and try to run the updater again. I don't know why but it worked for me. I was in same shoe as you but now I have my phone updated. Now my problem is when I get my replacement phone, I have to decide what to do with it.
    good luck
  4. jbee21's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #184  
    haha yea i was like uh oh...hes gonna yell at me. ; ) right before i setup my active sync i was getting 13.4mb after soft reset. now i get 12.2mb and when it syncs up im at 10.2mb.
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
    I don't believe Mail2Web supports this with their free Live account.

    I believe 4SmartPhone.net (similar service) offers the ability to have email forwarded to that account and any outbound email looks like it came from that forwarded account. So in other words, the xxx@4smartphone.net address is never seen or used by anybody you email with.

    Keep in mind though 4SmartPhone.net does cost $ a month albeit it's not much. Good luck.

    Thanks! 4smartphone is what I am using now. I was wondering if mail2web also supported this.

    Thanks again for the info!
  6. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by dewars
    Thanks! 4smartphone is what I am using now. I was wondering if mail2web also supported this.

    Thanks again for the info!
    But do you have to have your own domain or email for this?
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketdoc
    I also got stuck during "Updating". I waited for one hour and no further progress was made. I then reset the device (soft), deleted the update forder (as Palm recommended) and tried the update again.

    Now I get the message that I already have the update and do not need to update.

    I checked the camera settings and burst is not there. Therefore, the update is not complete.

    I also tried to then change the name of the file as recommended above, but that file is not there.

    I suppose I will need to do a hard reset and restore an earlier backup file and then try again. Will that even work since this was a ROM update?

    Help!

    Mine is completely stuck, hard reset/soft reset does'nt resolve anything. Im PO'd because it seems no one else has had this problem.
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by kapdori
    I was in same shoe as you but now I have my phone updated. Now my problem is when I get my replacement phone, I have to decide what to do with it. good luck
    Does your phone have any scratches? The new one won't.
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    But do you have to have your own domain or email for this?
    Yes, I have my own domain hosted by Google's Gmail hosted service. 4smartphone is setup to display my email address rather then the 4smartphone.net address.
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by dewars
    Thanks! 4smartphone is what I am using now. I was wondering if mail2web also supported this.

    Thanks again for the info!
    I have updated my 700 and I also use 4smartphone.net. I need the ability to change my reply to when sending from my device. I don't see a way to do that. Could someone explain how this is done with 4smartphone or any other service?
  11. #191  
    All - last night, 12:30am ET, I tried to do the update via BT (I couldn't use USB because it never worked, corp network security settings). SO, I tried, it didn't happen - took the phone, pulled out the battery, showed the update was done, but it wasn't. Today, I tried a different approach - we have another PC at home (my son's), on which I installed AS, and set-up a guest partnership with my treo. Trying the update from there via USB, it loaded successfully (btw - I used the trick of changing the vers file mentioned previously). Then, I just re-synced with my work PC, and all is good. Then, I see this post:

    "WM5 devices connect to AS 4.1 by essentially emulating a network connection over USB, which has caused some people problems. The USBSwitch allows you to toggle the USB cable sync between the default RNDIS (network mode) and the old serial mode. Not sure of the advantages/disadvantages of either."

    So when I switched it on my 700w, I can now use AS via USB on my work computer without ANY problems!!! I knew ALOT of users were having issues with connecting via USB, and it looks like they've fixed it with this USBSwitch add.....SO - thanks to everyone on this board, with your comments, suggestions, posts, I now have an upgraded 700w and can use USB for AS!!!
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghclifford
    All - last night, 12:30am ET, I tried to do the update via BT (I couldn't use USB because it never worked, corp network security settings). SO, I tried, it didn't happen - took the phone, pulled out the battery, showed the update was done, but it wasn't. Today, I tried a different approach - we have another PC at home (my son's), on which I installed AS, and set-up a guest partnership with my treo. Trying the update from there via USB, it loaded successfully (btw - I used the trick of changing the vers file mentioned previously). Then, I just re-synced with my work PC, and all is good. Then, I see this post:

    "WM5 devices connect to AS 4.1 by essentially emulating a network connection over USB, which has caused some people problems. The USBSwitch allows you to toggle the USB cable sync between the default RNDIS (network mode) and the old serial mode. Not sure of the advantages/disadvantages of either."

    So when I switched it on my 700w, I can now use AS via USB on my work computer without ANY problems!!! I knew ALOT of users were having issues with connecting via USB, and it looks like they've fixed it with this USBSwitch add.....SO - thanks to everyone on this board, with your comments, suggestions, posts, I now have an upgraded 700w and can use USB for AS!!!
    Out of curiosity, when using it in serial mode can you access the internet on your 700W while your Treo700w is connected to your PC?
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  13. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by dewars
    Yes, I have my own domain hosted by Google's Gmail hosted service. 4smartphone is setup to display my email address rather then the 4smartphone.net address.
    How do you get the Gmail hosted service?
  14. #194  
    so whats the deal here?.......this push email many say is for exchange server only....no pop3 or alike......so if thats the case then why after i did this update i was automatically getting all my emails from 2 pop3 accounts and hotmail?.......i also did a test email and i received to the treo within 30secs after sending from pc......now im alerted asap when new mail arrives......whatever this is it wasnt there before and im loving it now wink
  15. jbee21's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #195  
    nothing has changed for us pop3 people...you have it set to pull every so often. im set to 10minutes and thats when my gmail comes through. my new mail2web comes through instantly.

    hows everyones battery. mine seems to be draining pretty fast.

    also whats keeping everyone from just switching there email from gmail to mail2web. im just about ready to send an email to all my contacts that the new one is my email now.
    Last edited by jbee21; 04/20/2006 at 02:22 PM.
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmelty
    Does your phone have any scratches? The new one won't.
    good point. I do have a scratch on the screen. Maybe I will send my old one. But I just hope that the new one is either new or nicely refurbished one. Because I don't want to be end up with refurbished one with hardware problem.
  17. #197  
    Does this mean that my Exchange Provider (ASP-One) does not support this?
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by kapdori
    good point. I do have a scratch on the screen. Maybe I will send my old one. But I just hope that the new one is either new or nicely refurbished one. Because I don't want to be end up with refurbished one with hardware problem.
    how do you tell if its a refurb or not? because I'm pretty sure im going to need a new one.
  19. #199  
    Another Change.

    When you get a phone number in an e-mail, the prompt for dialing that number has changed.

    It now asks you to confirm the number on the entire screen not just the top
  20. #200  
    Thanks to all for the posts! Sounds like in general, people are receiving the update very well.

    I just want to be clear on one thing: If I am a Wirelesssync user and we have Exchange Server 2003 w/ Service Pack 2, I still have to go to our IT Dept and have them do an update on their end before true push for me is enabled, correct? I thought I remembered seeing a link for that somewhere on this thread.

    Thanks!
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions