1.    #1  
    I have a strange problem that has stumped Verizon and Palm tech support.

My company owns two Treo 700w devices. I use one and another guy uses the other. We both connect directly to the company Exchange server using ActiveSync. If I delete an Outlook email on my Treo, it is not deleted from the Exchange Server. I can check my email on my PC later and the message will still come in, even though I deleted it previously on my Treo. Palm tells me this is not natural and that the Sync is supposed to be complete so that the two inboxes look identical after syncing.

If the other guy deletes a message on his Treo 700, it is removed from the server as well. He will see it vanish from his Outlook Inbox on his PC on the next send and receive.

Can anyone explain this? Why do they behave differently? They are both brand new. I have combed the mail and ActiveSync settings on both Treos and not found any differences.

Please suggest any ideas, I am at a loss.

Thank you,
    B. Ramsay
    I see something similar, but very random and sporadic. Sometimes the messages I delete on the handheld absolutely get mirrored on the Exchange side, but not in every case. I also see that some will delete, but not all. For example, over a two day period, if I read and delete 50 emails on my device, there might be 10 or 15 that don't go away from the Exchange side. Strange. I'm also using EAS.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser View Post
    I see something similar, but very random and sporadic. Sometimes the messages I delete on the handheld absolutely get mirrored on the Exchange side, but not in every case. I also see that some will delete, but not all. For example, over a two day period, if I read and delete 50 emails on my device, there might be 10 or 15 that don't go away from the Exchange side. Strange. I'm also using EAS.
    I have a similar problem to that described above. Anyone else have this issue and/or found a solution? Thanks.
    I have a user that has this problem and it seems to have started when we moved to Exchange 2007. I am also wondering about the size of her exchange profile which is 2.5GB. Do you know how large your email profile is?

John
    I am also having this issue with a client. He has the Treo 700wx and is connecting directly to exchange using activesync. I have manually had him sync several times after deleting an e-mail but no luck. He is the only one with a phone connecting to exchange so I cannot test on another device.
    Ok - SAME issue here.

I am seeing this all over the place, but no solutions!!!

We have exchange 2003 - Outlook 2003 on the desktops and Verizon Palm 700WX running TREO_1.22 (latest version).

We have 4 of them in our Texas office, and if you delete an e-mail on the palm, then login to a desktop the e-mails still show.

Our other office in Florida has 3 700WX's and the deleted mail (both offices using the same exchange server) reflects correctly.

So, what gives? Anybody have any info on this at all, please post it, so we can all move towards resolving.

Thanks!!