1.    #1  
    Can anyone help. Over the past couple of days my internet explorer has been bugging out. When I open the app. it goes to the home page....thats fine. As soon as I try and explore another page from my favorites or a link from the home page....IE opens the page and then closes immediately. Has anyone else experienced this and if so is there a solution?
    You may be running low on memory. Alternatively, if its a specific page which is making it close its probably crashing. On a Treo 650 your whole device would reset under similar circumstances, but with WM you often just end up on the today screen if an app crashes.

Surur
    Mine does the same thing... I have to soft reset to get it to behave again... Very annoying!
    the only fix is a hard reset- some of the files that make the manuever the webpage are corrupt
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I was having this problem when I ran low on memory, but sometimes even when I wasn't running low. I discovered it was a result of storing the temporary IE files on my SD card. I switched it back to storing the files on the phone and haven't had the problem a single time since, even with low RAM. I have to clear my temp files more frequently than I previously did, but at least PIE doesn't close on my anymore.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    hard reset is NOT the answer. i have the same problem. I sometimes soft reset and the issue goes away, sometimes not. You'd think for a program installed in ROM that it wouldn't become corrupted.

I think we need a way to get IN to the ROM and delete some programs such as MSN Messenger and Voice COmmand and perhaps take back some of that ROM space.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone for your input. Smeg36.... could you kindly tell me what the original setting should be. I have the Cache, Cookies, and History going to my storage card and possibly the Temp files. Thanks in advance.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    I was having this problem when I ran low on memory, but sometimes even when I wasn't running low. I discovered it was a result of storing the temporary IE files on my SD card. I switched it back to storing the files on the phone and haven't had the problem a single time since, even with low RAM. I have to clear my temp files more frequently than I previously did, but at least PIE doesn't close on my anymore.

Thanks for the input everyone. Smeg36 could you tell me what the original settings should be. I used the hack that moved the Cahe, Cookies, and History to the storage card as well. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I used MemMaid to switch the location, and used it to switch it back.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com