Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Casabooboo
    GPS. Good Luck. I purchased copilot and returned in the SAME day. THe phone can't handle the memory problem - at least thats what I think. Caused Freezing and could not handle a call while GPS active.

As an aside, I soft reset once or twice a day. I can handle this, not a biggie, my only real complaint is I just don't trust the phone. Don't know what will or will not work one day to the next.

I would buy it again, but would NEVER recommend it to anyone.
    Damn!! That is the only app I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by shmelty
    Damn!! That is the only app I wanted.
    I have Tom Tom installed, works fine on the Treo, although I don't use any other apps while I am using it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil
    I have Tom Tom installed, works fine on the Treo, although I don't use any other apps while I am using it!
    Does that mean you turn off Messaging and Exchange Activesync?
    Does that mean you turn off Messaging and Exchange Activesync?
    No I leave Activesync running so I get e-mail, I jsut ton't try to minimize Tom Tom and start IE or WMP. Generally Tom Tom and Activesync are the only 2 active programs in the task list.
    Me thinks the OP needs to get a PRINCESS phone with an exceptionally long wire plugged into the wall.

You know, something real easy to use without putting any thought what so ever into turning it on or even using the dial pad on the screen.

Prolly a PINK PRINCESS phone would look really KOOL hanging from his belt loop from a hook fashioned from an old wire coat hanger. Maybe the OP can find a number 64 rubber band to keep the 2 parts of his PINK PRINCESS phone together while it hangs from his belt loop in an upwardly MOBILE fashion....

Chuck.....
    Nothing has been installed, I do not even have a BT head set. I got the phone, set up exchange email and here I am, everyday at 2-3.5mb free. (This is my second 700w, the first one went back to an email issue) If I put the phone in flight mode, my memory goes to 6mb free, but that is useless, as I need the phone.
    So my original assessment is correct - something is wrong with your phone. I guess you decided to not download the software I linked for you in my last post to help you at least try and troubleshoot your problem - no matter. The memory numbers you're citing don't match up with the configuration your claiming. Assuming you're not missing any details (unlikely), then your phone is broken.

FWIW, I run Mapopolis using a BT GPS while I listen to GSPlayer (MP3 player) over my car stereo or while I'm talking on the phone via BT (GSPlayer automatically pauses during phone calls). All during this I'm connected to VZWSync with push enabled. I must have traded my cow in for this magic-bean-of-a-phone considering how poorly others' phones seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik
    the treo SHOULD put it on the storage card, that is UNLESS you use wireless sync (GODAWFUL PROGRAM, NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER USE IT!!!!) which literally overrides this setting and tries to store everything to main memory. There are settings in Wireless Sync that "would" allow the application to store to storage card and they are literally greyed out. Even VZW techs have no idea why they're greyed out.

Whats wrong with wireless sync! I use it every day and it works flawlessly.
    It keeps my computer and my 700 updated with all of my contacts, calender and tasks and my e-mails come thru damn near when their recieved on my computer.
    GPS. Good Luck. I purchased copilot and returned in the SAME day. THe phone can't handle the memory problem - at least thats what I think. Caused Freezing and could not handle a call while GPS active.

As an aside, I soft reset once or twice a day. I can handle this, not a biggie, my only real complaint is I just don't trust the phone. Don't know what will or will not work one day to the next.

I would buy it again, but would NEVER recommend it to anyone.
    That is too bad. I use CoPilot regularly with my 700w without issues. I am able to receive calls, emails, etc. no problem and it coexists fine with my bluetooth headset. I installed the CoPilot application on storage card since it has such a large footprint. I was concerned that running it from the card would cause the system to struggle but have been pleasantly surprised. I use the "Live" functionality so CoPilot continually sends location data to their servers (Mrs. phonefetish can see where I am while travelling) so in the even that I am in 1xRTT data area, the connection may force a call to voicemail. In an EVDO area, the calls come through just fine and simply pause the data connection. Typically, if I am travelling in a 1x data area, I will diable the "live" functionality so that calls will come through without interruption.
    Casabooboo, as much as I've ripped the 700w and the RAM issues, I haven't seen anything as bad as your phone experience with it. I'd swap it out yet again or check what else is eating up all that memory. The 32MB of RAM limitation is real and it's significant but it doesn't render the phone totally useless. I do understand your reluctance to trust ActiveSync. It's frustrating that many things are buggy (removing some apps never removes them) and that there is a lack of options for syncing like Palm has. Still, the phone and system are usable and it is capable of even doing a few cool things.
    You have me confused with someone else. I used ActiveSync daily without any problems. I just don't sync files - this does tend to "hang" the phone.
    My gripe is with adding what appears to be memory intensive programs, such as co-pilot.
    You have me confused with someone else. I used ActiveSync daily without any problems. I just don't sync files - this does tend to "hang" the phone.
    My gripe is with adding what appears to be memory intensive programs, such as co-pilot.
    Sorry and yes, I am SO FRUSTRATED about the RAM issue.

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=21449

Requires 12MB of RAM. The Treo 700w has made itself into the instantly outdated phone before even being produced. The reason why the requirement isn't unexpected is, as I said to numerous others, developers expect you to have an additional 25-32MB of RAM available. As we move forward, RAM requirements grow. For Palm to stick the SAME RAM in the 700w as in PDAs in the year 2002 is unforgiveable.
    Yep, the OP came to the forum to dump and hasn't returned to his thread.
    Something sounds bad with your Treo. Only 3mb after a SR and no 3rd party apps running? Have you also did the activesync tweak? Mine has been running without a SR for weeks. I have over 14mb after a soft reset. It never drops below 8mg even after a couple of weeks. Activesync has been set to use manually and VC is currently disabled (MemMaid problem that I read has been fixed) I'm running TomTom Nav5, HandyMenu, PMVault, AlarmClock and MemMaid. (I have Sunnysoft back-up also- but not for long) The Tomtom software makes the Treo worth every penny. I also have a 4gb SD card with the entire country of maps, and 400+ mp3 songs. Changing activesync and disabling VC has really stabilized my Treo - I want VC back and will reload it after upgrading the new MemMaid. It may require an occational SR, but is well worth it.
    Just did the auk2 update!! I now have 9.8mb free after a reset!! Whoohooo there is hope!
    Last edited by shmelty; 04/20/2006 at 09:58 AM.
    It has been 15 hours since the update and I still have over 9mb free of ram!! GPS.. Here I come!!
    Just did the au2k update!! I now have 9.8mb free after a reset!! Whoohooo there is hope!
    What is the au2k update??? I didn't see it referenced in this thread before.

PS, I woke up at 4:45am this morning so that I could make a 7:30am conference call. Trouble is, the call was at 8:30, not 7:30. Thank you Treo DST problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdstoll
    What is the au2k update??? I didn't see it referenced in this thread before.

PS, I woke up at 4:45am this morning so that I could make a 7:30am conference call. Trouble is, the call was at 8:30, not 7:30. Thank you Treo DST problem.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=112267
    Quote Originally Posted by rdstoll
    Thank you Treo DST problem.
    LOL - did you just wake up from going to sleep on April 2nd or is this the first appointment you've had in the entire month of April?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12