1.    #1  
    ok i just purchased pdanet just incase i ever need it....i wanted to use it on my laptop......do i need to download the software to my laptop also?....because after i dl'ed the software i now have the icon on my desktop pc and from there you can choose the menu options and register.....if i register on the home pc does that mean i cant use it on the laptop?....or is just having the program on my treo enough for it to connect using the laptop?....still kinda new to this....thanx
    You can use it on multiple workstations but only on one Treo 700w.
  3.    #3  
    thanks beryl......do i need to load the software onto the laptop also so i have the icon in the menu bar like i do on the home pc?....or will it just run without it?....thanx again
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    It needs to be on the device you are going to use when connected to the Treo. If thru a laptop, then yes load it on the laptop.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Now if you use this too much with Verizon shut down your data service?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Now if you use this too much with Verizon shut down your data service?
    yes i hear.....i wont be using it alot....just when needed......basically i wanted to have it as a backup plan.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    That is just messed up. Unlimited my a**.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    That is just messed up. Unlimited my a**.
    Think of it as an "All-You-Can-Eat" buffet. You can swagger into the restaurant, stuff your gut until you can't breathe, but when you start stuffing your pockets, briefcase, and purse with food from the buffet after spending 6 hours grazing, expect to be approached by the restaurant management about your "unlimited" eating practices.

If you choose to host your own streaming server or eBusiness web site using the "unlimited" data, expect to be approached and questioned as to whether or not you're exceeding the TOS.

As far as I'm concerned, the data is unlimited. I have been "approached and questioned" about my data use rates and my answers seemed to be satisfactory, because I went back to using the unlimited data.

Have you lost your service dimitri?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Think of it as an "All-You-Can-Eat" buffet.
    Good analogy, Kupe. I'll remember that one.

3 GB/month sounds sufficient. I think I'd get a better feel for how much that is if I could obtain my DSL or cable modem data usage.

Off to check Comcast...
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Have you lost your service dimitri?
    Not yet. But if I wanted to start using the PDAnet while I am on business or where I don't have lan connections it should be my right to do so. That is with the Unlimited Plan.

A Verizon tech tryed to tell me that the average user don't even use 50mb. Yet if you are a power user and almost everyone I know that uses a Treo is, then you are going to use well more than that.