Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I would go with the exchange 2003 and active sync, your going to upgrade sooner than later at some point
    Can someone tell me exactly what it would cost or where to purchase upgrades?

Wouldnt it make more sense to use our 2000 server for all of our info - and use 4smartphone for hosting email?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Download the Mobile Platform Comparison White Paper:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dowsMobile.pdf

Wipro Technologies, a leader in the IT services and consulting industry, has conducted a comparative lab-based study of mobile platforms by benchmarking the Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP) coupled with Exchange Server 2003 SP2 solution against the RIM Blackberry Handheld 4.0 and Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.0.

Just substitute Blackberry Enterprise Server with GoodLink
  3.    #23  
    Download the Mobile Platform Comparison White Paper:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...ndowsMobile.pdf

Wipro Technologies, a leader in the IT services and consulting industry, has conducted a comparative lab-based study of mobile platforms by benchmarking the Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP) coupled with Exchange Server 2003 SP2 solution against the RIM Blackberry Handheld 4.0 and Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.0.

Just substitute Blackberry Enterprise Server with GoodLink
    Not sure how much that helps me.. I dont really understand all this stuff anyways.. Thats why im on here asking everybody.. Goodlink as i have just found out is WAY too expensive for our office of 6 employees..
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    Not sure how much that helps me.. I dont really understand all this stuff anyways.. Thats why im on here asking everybody.. Goodlink as i have just found out is WAY too expensive for our office of 6 employees..
    Sorry.. i was mostly just Goodguy in fun...

5.    #25  
    Sorry.. i was mostly just Goodguy in fun...
    Oh i see.. No prob..

I'm thinking that the hosted exchange is the way to go.. Our IT guy also reccommended it. He said that 4smartphone was the best that he had seen. Would everyone else agree?
    Careful with that white paper and remember the source
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Yea... mostly just fluff...but cant blame them for trying
    Not bad info, actually, if you can get through the marketspeak. Some mis-information from the boys in Redmond, but nothing to overtly off.
    tama2112 - 4smartphone is very good. Try them out. They give you a 14 or 15 day trial. I forgot which and I'm too lazy to look it up. I have had it since the day the push update came out and I love it!

On another note I am testing a 700p right now and I have chattermail loaded with the Exchange plugin. I have that receiving push email from 4smartphone also. I have noticed the W consistently receives the email before the P but maybe that is because the W was setup first. So anyway, with 4smartphone people in your organization will be able to receive push email with a 700w or a 700p. It is an incredible solution for small acts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12