Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a way to disable the keyboard lights yet? I would love to play a game or listen to music without looking at the search lights that this thing puts out. I know that for the 650 a number of programs gave a way to turn off and on the lights. It cannot be that hard to come up with some kind of reg hack.

anyone?
    anyone?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I don't know how it does it, but TCPMP turns off the keyboard backlight when you have video playing, so it is possible. Sorry I can't help more than that.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I wish the keyboard light would be default OFF at all times. ...unless I turned it on (at night). This would probably save a lot of battery.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    This is yet another significant Windows Mobile flaw. I'm not a Palm loving MS basher but you have to wonder why so many basic items clearly in the Palm OS and there for good reason are just not handled by WM. I was listening to MP3s and left the phone in my pocket after stopping the player. My battery was almost dead in a few hours. This has happened more than once and I'm trying to remember to do this because WM won't shut it off.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    This is yet another significant Windows Mobile flaw. I'm not a Palm loving MS basher but you have to wonder why so many basic items clearly in the Palm OS and there for good reason are just not handled by WM.
    Sorry to contradict, but this one is Palm's fault. Every single other Windows Mobile device I've ever used that had a thumb board had the backlight turn off after around 10 seconds at most. I actually prefer the keyboard to always be on, so this is one of the Palm customization that I really like. But the OS has nothing to do with keyboard backlight timeout options, it's all manufacturer for this one.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    was listening to MP3s and left the phone in my pocket after stopping the player. My battery was almost dead in a few hours. This has happened more than once and I'm trying to remember to do this because WM won't shut it off.
    Now that's strange, cuz on my Treo, Windows Media Player is one of the Few apps that would automatically shut off the keyboard lights and dim the screen. I use Pocket Player from Conduits though, and it doesn't shut off the lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    Now that's strange, cuz on my Treo, Windows Media Player is one of the Few apps that would automatically shut off the keyboard lights and dim the screen. I use Pocket Player from Conduits though, and it doesn't shut off the lights.
    bingo. poor design. unfortunately no time out at all for lights.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Not so fast.Had the same issue on the 650. Someone had to come out with software on the 650 just to disable the lights on that . I am sure that the company that did that, mlights i think, can come up with one for the 700.
    KB Lightsoff 700W, where art thou?
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    KB Lightsoff 700W, where art thou?

Amen!
    Silverado, you got your ears on buddy?
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2