Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone get this message? Every so often the message comes up when I'm trying to connect to the internet. It is really annoying and I recently got my phone replaced to see if it was a phone issue. The problem still exists...please help! Thanks.
    I too get the same message almost on a daily basis (out of a few dozen log-ons). Sometimes they occur 2-3 times in a row, but no more than that before I can log on, so I am stumped here as well.
    Ditto. Get them daily. I don't know if this is a timeout issue or simply no EVDO connection is available.
    Im guessing it's a timeout issue; seeing that I never have that come up in the middle of the night (like now, when its 2am)... but sometimes around lunch it takes me 3-4 times to get a connection.
  5.    #5  
    yeah it sucks....I really think its a phone issue.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have had this problem at all times of the day including 2 to 4am. I have opened a ticket with their network support team and supposedly they are investigating it. I have it happen in both 1xRTT and EVDO coverage areas. It seems that when I haven't connected to the internet recently and try, it comes up with this error on the first attempt. The support tech. that I was working with requested that immediately following each occurrence of this to dial *** and press send so that he can pinpoint in the call log which call this is happening on. After we spoke and this happened about 4 or 5 times and I dialed *** like he said, I called and got his voicemail and he never called me back. So I have a feeling we'll just have to live with it. Its been a week since I called and told him I did the *** thing so I'll call him one more time and see if I can find out anything. If I get anything useful, I'll update this thread.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I get the same error message a couple times a day. Usually if I try to re-connect I don't have a problem.
    have you tried start>settings>connections tab>connections>manage existing connections> and then deleting the broadband connection (press and hold on the word "broadband")? turning the phone off and turning right back on should recreate, but it's better to do a soft reset afterwards. lastly and though really not necessary... dial *22899 and wait for your phone to say programmed successfully (or something like that). try seeing if you get the same error then.

should work unless there's 1. a billing issue (no i'm not saying that you didn't pay your bill), 2. a coverage issue (maybe the building you're in if you're in a coverage area), or 3. something wrong with the provisioning on vzw's side.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme
    have you tried start>settings>connections tab>connections>manage existing connections> and then deleting the broadband connection (press and hold on the word "broadband")? turning the phone off and turning right back on should recreate, but it's better to do a soft reset afterwards. lastly and though really not necessary... dial *22899 and wait for your phone to say programmed successfully (or something like that). try seeing if you get the same error then.

should work unless there's 1. a billing issue (no i'm not saying that you didn't pay your bill), 2. a coverage issue (maybe the building you're in if you're in a coverage area), or 3. something wrong with the provisioning on vzw's side.

You never get this issue?
  10.    #10  
    I guess everyone isn't having this issue.
    This isnt a hardware related issue limited to the Treo 700 because my PPC 6700 does this as well on a regular basis, and Im on Sprint. Must be an EVDO issue.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    This isnt a hardware related issue limited to the Treo 700 because my PPC 6700 does this as well on a regular basis, and Im on Sprint. Must be an EVDO issue.
    Then maybe its a Windows Mobile issue or quite possibly an EVDO issue. I have called Tech Support for the 4th time now and they have yet to say this is a common issue. After doing a hard reset and only loading a couple 3rd Party apps the message has not come up yet...so to me I think its definitely a WM5 issue.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spatel600
    Then maybe its a Windows Mobile issue or quite possibly an EVDO issue. I have called Tech Support for the 4th time now and they have yet to say this is a common issue. After doing a hard reset and only loading a couple 3rd Party apps the message has not come up yet...so to me I think its definitely a WM5 issue.
    Yeah but when was the last time they said anything was a common issue. everytime I speak with a rep they always tell me that they have never heard about the issues I bring up.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I'm at the point where I don't call "them" for help. I usually just come here...

D
    I also get the issue sporadically. It usually coincides with the data not staying continuously connected and so WirelessSync doesn't update on its own. It seems to come and go but I couldn't shake off the most recent case. I ended up doing a hard reset (was going to do one anyway) and haven't experienced it since. I'm going to let the device go 'vanilla' for a while, at least until the firmware update is ready.
    I used to have this issue, but I now do the *22899 every week, and also I noticed that if you turn the phone into flight mode or do a soft reset, it changes your roaming options from Automatic B to Home.

So now everytime I reset the phone, I make sure to change it back from Home to Automatic B.

I doubt this has anything to do with this issue, but since I've started to do these things, I haven't had this problem.

I love my 700w.... its like that hot girl thats crazy and has many issues and you know you shouldn't date but you do anyway.
    I was aware of the *228 opt 2 update for roaming, but I had not heard of the *22899. What does this do?

Tom
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau
    I was aware of the *228 opt 2 update for roaming, but I had not heard of the *22899. What does this do?

Tom
    Provisions the phone along with updating the PRL.
    'Provisions the phone along with updating the PRL.'

Please forgive my ignorance - I should not be allowed to live - but what does that mean and what are the consequences?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee

I love my 700w.... its like that hot girl thats crazy and has many issues and you know you shouldn't date but you do anyway.
    Lawrence - That is the PERFECT analogy!! I have been buying PPC/WinMobile devices (about 3-4 per year) since they came into existence. This is by far the best marriage of form and functionality and I am totally hooked. The 700w has increased my productivity by a huge margin and it does evrything I want it too - except the wish list of items that will be available as the technology progresses. Thanks for putting it in perspective. A little short on memory, must be reset occasionally, but a freak on overall output...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast