Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a treo 750 from Cingular for the last 3 days. Have been using it with Goodlink with no problems. Recently installed pocket express and Microsoft .Net Compact Framework. Since then i have been getting this problem of "Answering Modem Has Disconnected... "

I uninstalled, .Net CF and since then no problems! (i had to uninstall express as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbharat View Post
    I have a treo 750 from Cingular for the last 3 days. Have been using it with Goodlink with no problems. Recently installed pocket express and Microsoft .Net Compact Framework. Since then i have been getting this problem of "Answering Modem Has Disconnected... "

I uninstalled, .Net CF and since then no problems! (i had to uninstall express as well)
    wow, what a way to bring back an OLD THREAD.

since we are on the subject, i have had my wx since released and just in the last few weeks i have started noticing this as well. no net frame work and no express. in fact i haven't loaded anything new in quite a while.

i'm thinking it is a tower thing since it has just recently started. dont know, but it does bug me.
    I read somewhere in here that this error message can occur when something in the system thinks the phone already has a data connection and thus won't let another connection be established. There is some series of keys you can press that supposedly forces all data sessions on the # to close, but I can't remember it. That post was somewhere here, though. - I'll keep looking.
    Here is the quote from another post:

"There is no way to keep those settings in. Everytime you soft boot, it overwrites any information in the defualt connection to the standard settings the PRL(*22899) downloads.

Usually, this becomes an issue of your connection has become a 'ghost' on the AAA server - Essentialy a connection that has never timed out. Which is why your normal set of credentials don't work.

VZW usually escelates this issue up to the senior level, where they 'reset' your settings in the AAA server - However, there is a much easier way around this:

1. Soft Reset your phone.

2. Go to the connection manager, tap and hold on the 'Broadband Access' connection, select delete.

3.Do a PRL update (*22899) twice in a row (Try to be as quick as possible about it)

4. Soft reset your phone.

At that point, you shoulden't need to enter those credentials in, and your brodband access connection should work perfectly."

I haven't done this, but might be worth a try.
    I've had this issue with Sprint on my 700wx but its when I get an incoming call, not trying to get on the net.

I've done 2 things and it seems as if the problem has stopped. 1st I did the ActiveSync hack posted here somewhere. It keeps ActiveSync from constantly running in the background by setting up a fake exchange server and setting it to sync manually, then you just delete the fake server.

The 2nd thing I did was disable anything from automatically connecting to the net to check for updates. I had a today screen weather app that would connect to the net every hour to check for updates (new temp, conditions, etc). Now I just do that manually and it seems to have stopped that error from popping up.
    ah hell the evil bug has got me
    today when i woke up i tried to connect to get my email and i keep getting this error msg..
    "the answering modem had disconnected"
    currently on the phone with verizon tech and we have try every trick and still no connections
    he just said with that latest update "Treo™ 700w/wx Updater 1.22
    " they are seeing alot of this with there treo wx users
    but i dont get it the update was apply in july and it worked fine till today..
    they had me do a "like hard reset" by dailing but it didnt delete any of my stuff it was odd
    anyways they are sending me a new phone ugh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic2323 View Post
    they are sending me a new phone ugh...
    Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but a new phone probably won't help. This is the same issue as "no modem at this location". These have been issues since the 700wx was released. I've had three units (for other reasons). They all did this.

The only thing that works is cycling the radio off/on before connecting. That pretty much assures a first-time connect every time.

One thing that proliferates some "old wives tales" about how updated PRLs and reprogramming and various other things improve this condition is that virtually all of the "wives tale" fixes involved cycling power off/on. That's why it seems to work. But they don't work long-term.

-Frank
    I did some testing over the weekend on this and found that, at least for me, this is directly related to making a phone call before/after data sessions.

There are 2 scenarios.

1. EV is connected, but grayed out. Make a call lasting around 30 seconds. Hang up. Try the data connection. In my case, in PIE I get "The page cannot be displayed because the server could not be found or a DNS error occurred" error. In Messaging I get an error telling me to check my mail server settings. (Which haven't changed in 2 years.) 100% repeatable. After a few tries, it eventually connects, but it could be time dependent.

2. EV is disconnected. Make a call lasting 30 seconds. Hang up. Try the data connection. In my case, I get the "No modem at above number" error 100% of the time in both PIE and Messaging.

I also wrote a quick Mortscript to test the data connection. I let it run all night and it worked flawlessly. In the morning, I made 1 phone call and the Mortscript immediately reported an error.

Now, for the solution.....anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by reverged View Post
    Now, for the solution.....anyone?
    Sure... same as it has always been... wait for Palm to produce a solution.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

-Frank
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12