1.    #1  
    Okay so I read posts constantly and write a little now and again. For the most part, I'm with the whole "this phone doesn't have enough memory" bandwagon and agree that the "early adopter" woes are far worse than most offerings of the same calibur but I also feel like the sky isn't necessarily falling like all of the chicken littles I hear posting threads. I have had my phone for just over two months and here's my experience with the phone.

I have the following 3rd party apps installed:

MemMaid
    Resco Explorer
    Pocket Informant
    TomTom
    XCPU Scalar
    WorldMate Pro
    AdobeReader for PPC

I perform a soft reset about twice a week on average (at my leasure, not out of necessity) and have 13.5 MBs free. I average about 11 MBs typically and rarely get memory errors.

My 650 reset sporadically multiple times a day. The stability improvement alone is worth it for me. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not defending or sticking up for anyone here, I am simply stating that in my experience, that phone has been mostly a joy. By the way, the consistant 950+kbps EVDO speeds sweeten the deal considerably. In restrospect, I had to do SO MUCH MORE to my 650 out of the box than with the 700 without rendering nearly the same results, I don't regret my decision one bit and am confident that in time (and with a 64 MB upgrade) this phone will realize its potential. Its not nearly perfect but it kicks tail on pretty much all other competitors.

Well, thats my take on it. Even though I wanted to warm up to the 6700, it just feels so darn flimsy with that slider...plus moving parts and I don't get along. Other than Gex, I don't think many others will have a similar viewpoint but I think its just as imporant to share the good as well as the bad.
    i'm right there with you...i'll forego a bit of memory to have something that's easier handle and I HATED dialing from the screen.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Pocket Informant should be slower than anything else you've had on the Palm, especially opening it. Regarding the today screen, it seems you haven't done anything about it yet - Agendus was great and you'll need a third party app to make your little space more efficient. Regarding memory always being up near 11... well... give it some time. With my 650 after the first update it was not only fast but it was also pretty stable. The only real problem I had is that that OLD phone had ONLY 32MB OF RAM....
    Quote Originally Posted by Stozmon
    Well, thats my take on it. Even though I wanted to warm up to the 6700, it just feels so darn flimsy with that slider...plus moving parts and I don't get along. Other than Gex, I don't think many others will have a similar viewpoint but I think its just as imporant to share the good as well as the bad.
    Other than Gex? hec, i think i wrote the book on "Hating Sliding PDA's is Fun."
    I'll never understand the fascination with them. My Treo700 works and I love it, and I've owned mine since the day they were released. Nothing beats its form factor, nothing.

nice post
  5.    #5  
    I appreciate the input oalvarez and foo. I share your enthusiasm for the flexibility and form factor that the 700 has to offer.
    Treoshmeo, I had 4 separate 650 and 2 600s before them. I used Agendus and it worked fine for me. I'm not trying to say that one unit is better the the other, all I'm saying is that in my experience with Palm, and I have lots, this has been their most functional and stable offering thus far FOR ME.

Ya the 650 is a bit zippier in initially loading the apps, but that doesn't bother me so much since they can stay running in the backround and are then accessible nearly instantly.
    I'm truly glad for you that your 650 works so well for YOUR needs but it didn't quite cut it for MINE. The point of the post was to exchange some positive 700 experiences with the forum, not yet another which one's better discussion.
    So just remember what Mr. Rourke said..."Smiles everyone, smiles...welcome to Fantasy Island"