1.    #1  
    Hi!

I was borrowing my b/f's 700W today and I dropped it on the cement and scratched the Grey Antenna Cover. Where can i get it the grey plastic antenna cover replaced?

TIA!!!!

Melissa
    try your local Verizon store. if not there, try Ebay. you might also try some very light steel wool, it worked for me.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the information. When it dropped, it actually made 2 gashes so I think I need to replace it. I called Palm but they want $199.00 for sending it in and replacing the plastic cover.

I tried Ebay and didn't see any. I called some local Verizon Wireless stores and none can replace it or even have the part. If anyone know of a place who sells this part, please let me know.

T.Y.!
    Just tell him that it is something for him to think of you when he sees the gashes.... they may not be goot thoughts though
    sometimes people will sell a bricked treo for parts...look for treo in general on ebay
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    You're lucky you just scuffed up the antenna cover, instead of cracking the LCD.

Now be a good little woman, and give it back to your boyfriend. Apologize profusely, get on all fours and accept whats coming.
    Last edited by Insertion; 04/15/2006 at 05:23 PM. Reason: sum typoes and stuff
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    whoa...did i just read that?
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    ROFLMAO x4
  9.    #9  
    LOL.....It's actually the other way around. He's more P'Whipped than anything else. He just proposed and he just bought me a 2.5 karat diamond engagement ring. He's also buying me a car and we just went car shopping today. It's down to a M6 or slightly used SL55 .

Back to the antenna.....does anyone know if the TREO 650 antenna cap is the same as the 700W?

Also, how do you remove the antenna cap?

TKS!
    Awesome... Congrats on the engagement Melissa. I just proposed to my GF too

Tell him that he needs to buy you a Treo and he can have your antenna cap
  11.    #11  
    Thanks....congrats to you too!
    Having done the same thing myself last week (luckily I had my leather case on it so only the antenna was scratched), I did a search and found this:

http://performancepda.zoovy.com/category/treo650parts/

Would the 650 antenna be interchangible with the 700? I see the 650 and 600 are not. Also, how do you take the antenna off? I'm assuming there is a screw or two hidden beneath the grey rubber plugs on the back? Anyone know how to do this?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiecanuck
    Having done the same thing myself last week (luckily I had my leather case on it so only the antenna was scratched), I did a search and found this:

http://performancepda.zoovy.com/category/treo650parts/

Would the 650 antenna be interchangible with the 700? I see the 650 and 600 are not. Also, how do you take the antenna off? I'm assuming there is a screw or two hidden beneath the grey rubber plugs on the back? Anyone know how to do this?
    I was told it wouldn't work but thanks for the link. My Fiance just used a dremmel and smoothed out the two scratches (kind of deep) and looks good now.
    Last edited by MelissaP; 04/21/2006 at 12:04 PM.