1.    #1  
    If you're a fan of Cyberon Voice Commander and would rather use that than Microsoft Voice Command, I have made the necessary modifications to make it work on the Treo 700w.

Some of the advantages of CVC are:
    • voice tagging of contacts, media files, and applications, in addition to standard voice recognition
    • reading of SMS messages
    • digit dial training
    • smaller memory footprint (1MB versus 2MB of Voice Command)

http://rapidshare.de/files/17957234/...w-usa.CAB.html

Copy the CAB file over and run it on your Treo 700w directly.

Let me know what you think of this. Thanks to the guys at XDA-developers for providing the original CAB file off another HTC device.

Just so you know, if you "enable" Microsoft Voice Command, it launches at the device's startup and sits there, taking up 2MB of precious Program Memory. At least this program only takes up just under a MB.
    Last edited by BeyondtheTech; 04/14/2006 at 12:23 AM.
    Isn't the main feature that you can activate it via the bluetooth headset?

Surur
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I believe other devices that have CVC built-in to them do support voice dialing over BT. Does this version for the 700w? You'd be my hero if it does.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    i agree.. if it has that then im gonna use it too.. thats a feature that is sorely needed... the whole concept of the headset for me is so i dont have to touch my phone
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Yes, I would like to know what all it can do on the 700.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Ok, so I was bored and installed the program on my 700. The good news is that it works. The bad news is, as far as I can tell, it doesn't support voice dialing over the bluetooth. I tried it with a Jabra BT350 and could not get it to work.

Tomorrow I am going to see if my Parrot will use the Voice Commander software since it has the option to use the phones or the Parrots. I could not get it to work with MS Voice Command, however since I have not been able to do this with a headset with CVC, I doubt it will work there, but we will see.
    nuflat did you install on the device or storage card?
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I tried installing it to both the device and storage card. It didn't work over my BT headset either, so I ended up removing it.
    Neither the 650 nor the 700 can activate voicedialing from the headset. It's a limitation of the Treo, not of the voice software or the headset
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Neither the 650 nor the 700 can activate voicedialing from the headset. It's a limitation of the Treo, not of the voice software or the headset
    Where did you get that info from? I've never seen it before, not does it make any sense to me. Everything I've ever read stated the limitation in the Treo 700w was from the Voice Command software, nothing more. I can't imagine what about the 700w's hardware would prevent voice dialing. I know for a fact it isn't in the WM software, so it is either the VC software or something in the hardware if it is indeed a limitation of the Treo. Other devices with VC can't do the BT dialing either unless they have a native BT dialing program installed, like the Samsung i730 did.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter
    nuflat did you install on the device or storage card?
    I installed it on the device because I didn't know how it would act on the storage card. But if it isn't able to do voice dialing over bluetooth, it's pretty much useless other than maybe the digit dialing it can do.

I think that MS voicecommand has better voice recognition and the programs voice is clearer. But heck, if VDoBT would work, I wouldn't care.
    I played with it for about 20 minutes and found the digitized voice to be very hard to understand therefore, I removed it. VC's voice is MUCH better.. There was no real advantage outside of the smaller RAM footprint for me to keep it.. If it has any better changes later on, I might try it again.
    On my wish list is the ability to change the voice.. I want a much more sexy sounding voice on my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    Where did you get that info from? I've never seen it before, not does it make any sense to me.
    Information to that effect has been posted on this forum, more than once IIRC.

To boil it down as I understand it, on some phones, including the Treo, the BT hardware interfaces directly with the cellular radio hardware, so the operating system (regardless of WM vs. POS) is basically notified of what is happening but isn't in the chain of operations.
    I heard from someone who said that they are using the Verizon XV6700 with Microsoft Voice Command 1.5 and it works great with the Parrot. I am a Treo 700W newbie, but do I understand that I wouldn't be able to run a this PPC/Windows Mobile 5 app on the Treo 700W? Thanks....
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman
    I heard from someone who said that they are using the Verizon XV6700 with Microsoft Voice Command 1.5 and it works great with the Parrot. I am a Treo 700W newbie, but do I understand that I wouldn't be able to run a this PPC/Windows Mobile 5 app on the Treo 700W? Thanks....
    Many of the Parrot's have their own voice recognition built-in, totally independent of the bluetooth issues of WM5. I used the Parrot Easydrive with no problems until it just died on me this weekend Didn't a Monty Python routine address the attempt to return a dead parrot???

Neil
    Thanks Neil,
    The whole idea is to avoid having to train your Parrot . The CK3000 Evolution, CK3100 and 3200-LS allow you to use the phones internal voice commands. In the case of my current Motorola E815, this is a real thing of beauty. The fellow with the XV6700 has accomplished the same sort of thing with the Voice Command 1.5.

So my question is: can we not do the same on the Treo 700W or is there some software or hardware reason why we can't? Can someone look at this link and tell me if they think this application could run on a 700W: http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=90635&R=90635 . I'm a newby and fuzzy on what apps will and won't run - so set me straight on WM5 vs PPC software. Howard
    I have the Parrot CK3000 Evolution and it certainly does have its own voice tags. If it can use the phone's tags, that's in ADDITION to its ability to record and use its own.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=BeyondtheTech;952164]If you're a fan of Cyberon Voice Commander and would rather use that than Microsoft Voice Command, I have made the necessary modifications to make it work on the Treo 700w.

Some of the advantages of CVC are:
    • voice tagging of contacts, media files, and applications, in addition to standard voice recognition
    • reading of SMS messages
    • digit dial training
    • smaller memory footprint (1MB versus 2MB of Voice Command)

http://rapidshare.de/files/17957234/...w-usa.CAB.html

Copy the CAB file over and run it on your Treo 700w directly.

Let me know what you think of this. Thanks to the guys at XDA-developers for providing the original CAB file off another HTC device.

QUOTE]

Would you have a copy of the this cab file around by chance, as the link is now dead? Thank you.
    Jeff