Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if any company is doing anything with push email for Lotus Notes? I doubt it but it would be nice. I really don't want to have a blackberry.
    I just got into the same situation. I switched companies and my new company supports Lotus Notes rather the MS Exchange. For the time being, I am going to have to use the Wireless Sync alternative. I am not crazy about this. I feel I am compromising now. At the end of the day, I will still have my Treo 700 rather then a Blackberry. There are other options as well. Python and mNotes are PC push clients.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Lotus Notes has an option under the Action tab at the top, it's called "Forward Mail Settings". It's there for me but may not be there for others if the IT group disables it.
    Basically it allows you to forward your email to any email address.
    I have it forward to my imap account which is on fastmail and have chatter connect. I get emails instantly.
    Prior to WS, I set up a Notes Agent that forwarded all mail not having the word "Confidential" in the subject line (in case I got audited). There are two major downsides of mail forwarding.

(1) You have to do funny things to reply without getting detected using something other than an approved Notes client. Having the reply come from userid@fastmail.fm instead of userid@bigcompany.com would raise brows.

(2) You can't respond to calendar notices.

July 2004, I started using WS which worked rather well once I set up a old PC to act as the redirector (PC Monitor). WS has a load of problems but was the best available at the time.

March 2005, I started using SEVEN beta which I still prefer. It is not perfect but hasn't trashed my mail and calendar the way WS had. I run WS PC Monitor but never use it on the VZW website nor on my handheld. WS is my backup.

mNotes adds a "mNotes" category to all of your Notes records and that is NOT GOOD for me. I don't want any unauthorized service to modify my company data -- not even by adding a category.

I'm waiting patiently for Blackberry Connect and I HOPE my company will support it. I'm sick of managing my own server (the redirector) for company mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    (1) You have to do funny things to reply without getting detected using something other than an approved Notes client. Having the reply come from userid@fastmail.fm instead of userid@bigcompany.com would raise brows.
    I just set up an SMTP profile in chatter and it looks like it comes from my work address. I also have the signature as the exact same signature. Looks exactly the same to the common person.
    Yeah. I did the same thing using Snappermail using a POP3 ID.