1.    #1  
    Just wanted to drop a line to anyone still stuck in the 240x320 world that you can actually still run many of those applications on your Treo 700w by using the latest version 5.02 of NYDITOT Virtual Display.

If you create a profile for Landscape (Default), 320 Height, 240 Width, Fit Display, you'll be able to squeeze the 240x320 screen onto the native resolution of the 700w.

All the preinstalled software on your 700w works perfectly, with the exception of the Camera in the Pictures & Videos applet.

If you use an incredible scripting program like MortScript, you can call a batch file to run a "VD Previous" shortcut before you launch the Camera, then run the "VD Previous" shortcut again to return to the 240x320 mode. You can do this for other third-party programs that don't play nice in the compressed-screen mode.

NYDITOT Virtual Display can be found here: www.nyditot.com

For gits and shiggles, I also created a 480x480 profile and man, it's some seriously tiny text in Internet Explorer Mobile and other apps, but everything still works beautifully.
    just check it out looks pretty cool...how's the memory intake on this app?
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Pretty cool, I'm going to check this out for sure!
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    I tried this on my 700 (and I was a nydiot user in ye olde ipaq days) and found stability to be a major issue, certainly running non square resolutions looked horrible.

did you drill down and tweak any other settings?

thanks
  5.    #5  
    No, everything default. Might be because it's a newer version. Works for me, I have it running on VD 240x240 in the background and switch over to 240x320 anytime I need to, without having to reset. Makes life really easy.
    This is awesome.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    It froze my treo 700w, what am I doing wrong with this? Or, am i using an older version?
    [QUOTE=BeyondtheTech]Just wanted to drop a line to anyone still stuck in the 240x320 world that you can actually still run many of those applications on your Treo 700w by using the latest version 5.02 of NYDITOT Virtual Display.

If you create a profile for Landscape (Default), 320 Height, 240 Width, Fit Display, you'll be able to squeeze the 240x320 screen onto the native resolution of the 700w.[QUOTE]

I am giving this a try now & I am having a hard time. I get it working right, but the text is so distorted looking that it doesnt seem worth using.

Did you ever figure a way to get that resolution but everything is crisp & clear, or is that impossible given the display size?
    Has anyone been able to get Mortscript working with NVDITOT?
    So how does this make 240x320 look good on a 240x240 screen?
    Its a bit fuzzy looking to me. Useful if you have a specific app. I couldnt get it working without rebooting with each screen change. That would make the app a bit better.