1.    #1  
    On my old Cingular Treo 650, when a call came in, I could answer or not answer the call. If I answered "No", the caller received a voice mail greeting immediately. On my 700W, I don't receive this option. Instead the call has to ring out. I think that is rude to my callers.

How come I can't get this on my 700W? Is this a function of Cingular/ Verizon, or a function of the palm itself?
    Hit the red button, the call should go to voicemail.
    bingo! red button sends to VM land...i think it's ruder to send them to vm because the people that are in the know will know that you're sendin them to vmland
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter
    i think it's ruder to send them to vm because the people that are in the know will know that you're sendin them to vmland
    Or your phone is off (meeting/vault/flight) or you're out of coverage (vault/big-hole-in-the-ground).

You can also press Menu-->ignore with text message and the caller will receive a text message with a lame excuse explaining why you're not answering the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by lagestee
    On my old Cingular Treo 650, when a call came in, I could answer or not answer the call. If I answered "No", the caller received a voice mail greeting immediately. On my 700W, I don't receive this option. Instead the call has to ring out. I think that is rude to my callers.

How come I can't get this on my 700W? Is this a function of Cingular/ Verizon, or a function of the palm itself?
    I think it's a function of yet another poor design implementation by Palm and perhaps Microsoft. I hit the red button and was glad that it worked, as others have said. The fact that there is no software option to not accept the call and send to vmail like on the 650 shows more laziness and ineptness.
    Hmmm ... when I hit the red button on an incoming call, it goes to VM immediately (does NOT ring out). Same is true for Menu > Ignore.

Those two options seem to handle the reject call concept. Is there another behavior that one would expect that is not available?
    I am seeing the same thing as Andrew. Direct to VM on red button click.
    So ignore doesn't let it ring out in silence? I guess pressing any other button will silence the ringer. I feel that sending immediately to VM is rude because they know I either did it on purpose (screened the call) or my phone was off which it never is. I suppose I could be without reception but with Verizon that is rarely the case too.
    I agree, most people figure it out right away. Then again ringing forever also implies you are ignoring them. There's no good solution here. Just pick up your phone and tell them you'll call back.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    If your phone is out of coverage it doesn't ring at all it goes straight to voicemail. So I know everytime that I hear it ring once then goes to vm that someone sent me to voicemail. If their phone was out of coverage it wouldn't ring at all. So for those who think they will just think I've turned my phone off, hate to break your bubble.
    Oh the horrors! I just sent you to voicemail! I never want to talk to you again!

So what if you send someone to voicemail? You are telling them their call is not important enough to take right now, so leave a message. Why would you want them to think otherwise if it wasn't the truth?
    The best part of this option is that if I am with a customer, I want to dedicate 100 percent to them. I know that my customers understand and appreciate the fact that when I am discussing business with them that they have my undivided attention. I think it would be even more of a sleight to say to someone "excuse me while I take this", just to tell the other person " I can't talk right now; I'll call you back". I don't get the problem, unless it's the clingy significant other who thinks that you don't love them enough just because you can't take a call... Anyone else should understand....