1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what is under the two rubber pieces on the back of the Treo under the antenae? The reason I ask is the case I got from Krussell has an opening that lines up with the bigger of the two rubber plugs. I'm curious as to why the case manufacturer would leave that hole there.
    be very careful. you might uncover a secret stash of memory. be very careful...
    Probably for some kind of car kit that has an external antenna connection.
    remote antenna / testing port
    spare tire
    or as Jack says, remote antenna / testing port. You pick
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The bigger rubber plug, where the hole in the Krussel is, is the external antenna port. The smaller rubber plugs are over the case screws.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    On mine the screw under the smaller rubber plug has a warranty sticker on it. Kept me, (for now) from opening this puppy up.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    what is the external antenna port used for? Are there third party products that can use this port?

Also, are there any reviews that take the treo 700w apart to show the internals?

Just curious because i don't want to do it to mine. Although, sometimes throwing it against the wall like when I have the sound off in the office during a meeting and I try to answer a call and the buzzing will not turn off and the unit DOES NOT pick up the call and I miss it.

Anyone else have this issue where if they turn just the buzzer on they can't pick up the phone if it rings sometimes?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik
    what is the external antenna port used for? Are there third party products that can use this port?

Also, are there any reviews that take the treo 700w apart to show the internals?

Just curious because i don't want to do it to mine. Although, sometimes throwing it against the wall like when I have the sound off in the office during a meeting and I try to answer a call and the buzzing will not turn off and the unit DOES NOT pick up the call and I miss it.

Anyone else have this issue where if they turn just the buzzer on they can't pick up the phone if it rings sometimes?
    Not to steal your thunder but how does this:
    relate to the original post?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    not a damn thing, I was just doing the whole stream of consciousness thing.

geez, louise, you write back JUST to chastise me bc I went a little off-topic? So, what DOES the external battery plug do?

No, wait, I take it back, we're talking about "hidden" things, and I was wondering if:

1. there were any reviews that show the "internals" you know, HIDDEN internals of the unit

2. If anyone knows of a way to make the vibrate mode answer calls and not just keep vibrating, because that too may be an issue with something inside the phone.

Everything is related. Eventually.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Check out the FCC docs for internals...
    not a damn thing, I was just doing the whole stream of consciousness thing.

geez, louise, you write back JUST to chastise me bc I went a little off-topic?

Everything is related. Eventually.
    I agree. But I would not characterize nuflat's comments as chastising, it was more like needless chatter (zing!). Then again, so is mine. So, don't sweat it nuflat. You too, sanjsrik.

Peace dudes.
    LOL
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I love that external antenna port. I've got two locations I frequent where VZW signal is very weak ('middle of nowhere' western PA mountains and 'totally lacking civilization' sections of the Chesapeake Bay). I bought a Wilson booster, an adapter cable and an antenna for each location...ran about $200 and change. Now I'm easily able to boost the signal to at least a couple of bars. Certainly decent enough for voice, but also usually providing around 80k of 1x data. That antenna port was one of the things that made me switch from a BB to a Treo.

Funny thing, I never hear the manufacturers or the providers speak of those ports....
    I use a cell repeater to boost signal in my house
    StillCrazy, what repeaters have you had success with? I've been looking into installing one at my house as well but haven't found any good places which review them.