Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hey all!

I currently have the "pay as you go" data plan, and sometimes the phone will automatically make a data connection, which starts charging me money. I've been going to the Connections area and erasing the "Broadband #777" connection, which works until I do a soft reset. After I do a soft reset, it comes back.

Is there any way (registry? script? applet?) to make sure the broadband connection is removed whenever I do a soft reset, so I never have to think about it?

I know that I can call verizon and have "national access" blocked, but I want to leave national access on in case I need to make a data connection for whatever reason.

Ideas?

As always, THANK YOU!

-=Brazil=-
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Get the unlimited data plan and forget about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Get the unlimited data plan and forget about it.
    I agree. why spend so much money on this phone and only use 10% of its capabilities?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    You should be able to change the username/password of the Broadband connection that is already there. Then it won't be able to connect when it tries to dial. That should save itself after a soft reset as well.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Interesting, idea smeg36. Thanks!

As for unlimited broadband, it's pricey and I bought the phone more for it's PDA capabilities.. and I have a wifi card for when i need the net.
    Or you can simply uncheck the Save Password so that you're just prompted for that for a connection.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    But make sure you find out from Verizon what the password is just in case you need to use it.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I can always delete the connection and soft reset - that restores the connection, password and all.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The default username and password are verizon and verizon for the Treo 700w's default Broadband connections. Other devices have yourcellnumber@vzw3g.com for the username and vzw for the password, but oddly not the 700w.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com