Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    WFAN finally started streaming on Tuesday!!! Is there anyone who can see if you can stream from www.wfan.com using a Treo 700? I may have to trade in my 650 if you can!
    I'd like to know how to do this too.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I just tried it and got nothing but error messages. Maybe someone with a browser other than PIE can try it to see if it works for them.
    I don't want to sign up to listen on that site because it doesn't interest me, but this may help...If you have Resco Radio, try to type the URL of the stream into that program and see if it streams properly. Just a thought...
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz
    I don't want to sign up to listen on that site because it doesn't interest me, but this may help...If you have Resco Radio, try to type the URL of the stream into that program and see if it streams properly. Just a thought...
    Actually, I just found a way to do it. Just go to www.thestreamcenter.com and use the search function. When the result for WFAN comes up, click on the 48k Stereo link with the Windows Media Player icon next to it. That will open Windows Media Player on your Treo and WFAN will start streaming once it connects. Pretty sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    Actually, I just found a way to do it. Just go to www.thestreamcenter.com and use the search function. When the result for WFAN comes up, click on the 48k Stereo link with the Windows Media Player icon next to it. That will open Windows Media Player on your Treo and WFAN will start streaming once it connects. Pretty sweet!
    Whoa! That site is pretty cool! Thanks for the link!
    Thanks. Now can you also get someone to replace Mike and the angry puppy?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Thanks. Now can you also get someone to replace Mike and the angry puppy?
    You're kidding right?! They're the only ones worth listening to on that station. They crack me up. Except when they rag on my Steelers of course. Then they can both go f*** themselves.
    You're kidding right?! They're the only ones worth listening to on that station. They crack me up. Except when they rag on my Steelers of course. Then they can both go f*** themselves.
    To each his own. It's pretty obvious to me that they sometimes take controversial stances just to get people to call in and argue with them.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    To each his own. It's pretty obvious to me that they sometimes take controversial stances just to get people to call in and argue with them.
    I totally agree with that. It does make for some interesting calls though.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    psywzrd - Thanks for the info on thestreamcenter.com. What a great site!

Is there any way for me to play the Windows Media stream on my 650? I have Pocket Tunes, but it doesn't support that, right? I'm thinking of getting an additional phone that can play it. Any suggestions other than the 700w?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Do incoming calls on the 700w go straight to voicemail when you're streaming like they do on the 650? If so, I'll probably replace my 650 with a 700w. If not, I'm thinking of picking up a 700w strictly for streaming once Sprint gets them and continue to use my 650 for everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoAZ
    Do incoming calls on the 700w go straight to voicemail when you're streaming like they do on the 650?
    Yes/No. Yes, if in 1X areas. No, if in EVDO areas -- incoming calls interrupt streaming and streaming will resume when the call ends. It is an EVDO thing.
    iuse the address below for the mobile version of this website (same functionality, just looks better on the treo screen)

www.thestreamcenter.com/pda
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks for the Streamcenter PDA link. I like the fact that you can receive calls when streaming in EVDO; thanks for the response Beryl. Now I just have to wait for Sprint to carry the 700w. I still don't understand why there are no apps that will allow the Palm OS to play Windows Media streams.
    Does the streamcenter work smoothly for you guys? My Treo keeps going silent while it buffers. Does anyone know if there is a setting that can help this.
    quality will vary with the stream provider, I don't believe its your treo, or a setting which you could change.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoAZ
    Do incoming calls on the 700w go straight to voicemail when you're streaming like they do on the 650? If so, I'll probably replace my 650 with a 700w. If not, I'm thinking of picking up a 700w strictly for streaming once Sprint gets them and continue to use my 650 for everything else.
    Other than better streaming with the 700w, I've found absolutely no reason to replace your 650 with a 700w. OS and Apps are far better and quicker on the Palm. WiFi support and stability on the 700w is flaky at best, at least with my "compatible" card, and not as stable overall. Many of my calls have gone to VM which was an annoyance. It's not a horrible phone but the 650 beats it everywhere except for the EVDO benefits.

I'll post my mini-review shortly.
    www.thestreamcenter.com just about locks up my Treo....well sets it unresponsive for longer than I care to wait :-D Even adding the /pda and it still makes it freeze for too long...oh well the site looks like it would be great!! if it worked
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    Other than better streaming with the 700w, I've found absolutely no reason to replace your 650 with a 700w. OS and Apps are far better and quicker on the Palm. WiFi support and stability on the 700w is flaky at best, at least with my "compatible" card, and not as stable overall. Many of my calls have gone to VM which was an annoyance. It's not a horrible phone but the 650 beats it everywhere except for the EVDO benefits.

I'll post my mini-review shortly.
    Not that this is the place to compare the two, but I agree - EV-Do and WMA streaming on the 700p make the w irrelevant. I can't wait for the fan on my POS Treo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast