Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to remove the line that has the Verizon logo? I pay my bill, I see no reason why I have to advertise for Verizon on an already small screen.

I'd also like to hid the top and bottom Window bars.

Is there a way to reclaim any of this space for other useful items?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721
    Is there a way to remove the line that has the Verizon logo? I pay my bill, I see no reason why I have to advertise for Verizon on an already small screen.

I'd also like to hid the top and bottom Window bars.

Is there a way to reclaim any of this space for other useful items?
    1) Verizon has created for itself a hatred that is rivaling Microsoft for all the reasons you mention. It isn't enough to have that damn name on your phone only to have half your screen pummeled with branding again. It's been there since their first Smartphone and likely not to be rid of soon. I think we should put up a collection for someone who writes a hack to remove it although it might not be easy. Also has bluetooth indicator on same line and probably done intentionally.

2) No can do the second request although it is possible via some applications. SPB PocketPlus is something that I think gives you full screen browsing and a couple of other amazing goodies.
  3.    #3  
    I'm not as interested in full screen browsing as I am just reclaiming space on my Today screen. I can currently see the weather, my contact buttons, but only the top of my email/calendar screen.

If I can somehow squeeze out a little more space I'll be happy.

Here is my screen as it is. I can live without the start button and the info on that line, the verizon line definately, and I could also do without the line that shows the wireless sync icon. I can remove all the others but not that particular one. Heck, I can even live without the voicemail/messaging and menu line. I know what the buttons below that line do.

Any other ideas?

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    The verizon bar is there to show when the phone is off so I don't think it will ever come off.
    jeremy3721,

I am new to the 700, and I like the way you have your today screen set up, I too have problems with the space issue, but I was curious how you got your contacts pictures to line up across the screen?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    You know.. (off topic) I donít see what everyoneís fascination is with the weather... guess its because I live in Southern California where we donít have fluctuations in weather..... but i notice even people here pollute their home screens with weather programs....

(ok, back to your regular program...sorry about my off topic ramblings )
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 80'sbaby
    jeremy3721,

I am new to the 700, and I like the way you have your today screen set up, I too have problems with the space issue, but I was curious how you got your contacts pictures to line up across the screen?
    Settings, today screen, items, then check speed dial and hit options. In the individual contacts, select "picture dial". This is only an option if the contact has a picture.
  8.    #8  
    I have the weather because I'm a manager in a rather "large" theme park and I need to know the weather so I can prepare.

Actually, I could probably live without it but I have always had a problem knowing if it's going to rain.
    I am not sure wher I saw it on this forum, but I changed my background to black... It makes the today screen sharper and brighter, and it masked the verizon logo.
    The "Verizon Wireless" is a network identifier for the celluar network. It will show the name of the network that the phone is on. If you were to travel to another country and so forth, their network name will show up at the same place. This also holds true for a regular cell phone.

I did however at one time not have that Verizon logo on my phone. But that was due to a mistake on configuring my plan when I signed up. They have configured my phone as a laptop card which does not have a voice plan. And when that happens the Verizon logo dissapears.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    There are people on the xda forums who have obtained the Treo 700w ROM dump, and probably could figure out a way to get rid of some of the bars.
    Vijay555 has a program that successfully got rid of the top and bottom bars (see my photo example on this thread):

And here's the thread to download the program VijayToggleToday:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...r=asc&start=25
    Last edited by plasmo; 04/12/2006 at 09:58 PM.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    OK!
    I tried out the latest version of VJToggleTodayIIalpha.exe and it SUCCESSFULLY removes the TOP and BOTTOM bars of the today screen on the 700w!

Now that the folks at xda forums have the ROM dump, someone smart may be able to figure out how to remove the entire useless "Verizon Wireless" bar.

My only problem missing the Top bar is not having the "EVDO icon" status.

Here are some screenshot comparisons-
    As you can see, a LOT of screen real estate is recovered:

------- Without VJToggle ---------II------- With VJToggle ------------
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    I dont mind the top bar (The one with the start button) it has some important stuff. I CAN do without the bar that has the Verizon, locater and BT stuff and possibly the bottom bar. If they could just get rid of the Verizon bar and make the other two just a little smaller like you can with the huge scroll bars, I'd be happy.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    OK!
    I tried out the latest version of VJToggleTodayIIalpha.exe and it SUCCESSFULLY removes the TOP and BOTTOM bars of the today screen on the 700w!

Now that the folks at xda forums have the ROM dump, someone smart may be able to figure out how to remove the entire useless "Verizon Wireless" bar.

My only problem missing the Top bar is not having the "EVDO icon" status.

Here are some screenshot comparisons-
    As you can see, a LOT of screen real estate is recovered:

------- Without VJToggle ---------II------- With VJToggle ------------
    Hey Plasmo,

Do you know how to remove only the bottom bar? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehong81
    Hey Plasmo,

Do you know how to remove only the bottom bar? Thanks.
    I don't, but Vijay555 probably would know how to.
    I have actually been using the program above for a few days now (removing both top and bottom bars), and put VijayToggleTodayII into my Startup folder-

At first I thought I would really miss the EVDO icon, and Cell Signal Strength, and Time, but found that I don't really need it...which gives me so much more space on the Today screen. My EVDO and Cell strength in the Chicago area is so good, I don't worry about low signal areas that much.

I just hope that someone could figure out how to remove the Verizon Bar someday.
    The problem with removing the bottom bar is as follows: Windows Mobile applications crap all over the general phone OS mentality that the Palm OS (now not owned by Palm) pulled off so well. You should never have to pull out that stylus. Unfortunately in WM not only do you have to do so but it is also essential at times with that bottom menu. While in theory it should just be linked to the two keys for it some apps have a full menu bar that lists several items that require you to use the stylus to reach those menus (think three+ options for dropdown menus on the bottom bar instead of the two.) I too hate it and prefer the full screen.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    VijayToggleToday only removes the bottom bar when viewing the today screen...in all other instances, the bottom bar is present!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    i'm pretty sure u can remove just the bottom bar by creating the following shortcut

VJToggleTodayIIalpha.exe -new

I read that on the xda forums, except I don't know how to create a shortcut to a program.
    I downloaded it and found that if you change the registry values for the program you can change what you need.

to rid yourself of the bottom (Menu) bar go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Vijay555/VJTodayToggle and change the SoftKeySize key from 26 to what ever you want (Set mine to 0). I also have the TrayVisible key set 1 (was 0)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Moncha; 04/14/2006 at 06:19 PM.
    Moncha - Nice shot on the today screen. Are you using Wisbar Advance for your skinning? And which weather plugin is that? Do you have any issues with it slowing down or locking up your phone?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast