Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yep WBA. And yes it does slow down a little bit but the features I use with WBA are convenient so to me it's a wash. The weather is SPB weather. It's on the multiline setting with only 1 city showing but have 10 others I can switch to if needed. No more lock ups or anything else. Of course, I do an automatic reset every nite after a back up using SPB backup
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I managed to get rid of the bottom bar, except the keyboard icon remains smack in the center...
    Same issue here, this was on a fresh hard reset. Looks like we need some additional testing and tweaking of this program for the Treo 700.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Vijay555 sent me the latest build for his TodayToggleII to get rid of the top and bottom bars - it doesn't show the Keyboard icon on the bottom of mine (but I didn't modify the Reg).
    Attached is version 0.101 if you are interested.

Note: CHANGE the .txt to .exe on the filename, and place it on the 700w, and either manually run it from Explorer, or place it in the System/Startup folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Guys, glad it is coming along. It's easter so I've got a few days to do a bit more work on this stuff. Yes, I thought it was well known that you could edit the registry to change the size of the 2 bars, as big or small as you want <= 26 pixels.

However, a final version will have a config dialog, no registry editing required hopefully.

Verizon line - when we get the plugin installed, I'll try to give it a hack

The keyboard icon - seems to be a bug in the older rom. You guys should be getting the new rom soon, and it seems to work better with that.

V
    Last edited by vijay555; 04/15/2006 at 08:48 PM.
    Works good for me. Thanks V.
    Hmm.. strange. This latest version changes my bottom bar, but doesn't make it disappear. Instead of saying "Messaging", the left side of the bar says "Answer". Anyone else test the new build?
    After the Verizon logo is removed, replace it with a Sprint logo...LMAO
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamt
    Hmm.. strange. This latest version changes my bottom bar, but doesn't make it disappear. Instead of saying "Messaging", the left side of the bar says "Answer". Anyone else test the new build?
    The bottom bar may be due to a recent phone call you placed....I found that the menu stays there after a phone call.

To make it disappear, Click on the Green phone button, then go to Call Log, then Close All applications from there by holding down OK.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Hi....this is great (thanks Vijay555) but having the same problems with the keyboard Icon. Seems like when I open a program and then close it, the keyboard Icon appears in the Today screen. I would then toggle through one of my plug in aps and then the Keyboard Icon would go away. But whenever I open a program again, the icon reappears.

I also had the situation where I received a phone call and the Messenging/Answer appeared in the lower bar. I did try Plasmo's instructions but it's still there.

Hopefully the final vijay's version will clear these issues.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaP

I also had the situation where I received a phone call and the Messenging/Answer appeared in the lower bar. I did try Plasmo's instructions but it's still there.
    Actually it used to disappear BEFORE we Updated our Treos.
    Now after the update, after a phone call comes in, the bottom bar appears, and the above instructions no longer work.
    The only way to get rid of the bottom bar after a phone call comes in is to soft-reset for now....
    Darn! I was able to get rid of the Keyboard Icon by deleting the Vijay Folder in the Registry and opening the program again.

Hopefully Vijay555 can work his magic on the Messeging/Answer bar to disappear after a call, get rid of the Verizon Wireless Bar and possibly having the program automatically work after a soft reset.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    For some odd reason, I have never had that Keyboard icon problem ever with Vijay's program...I used the version posted just above
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay555
    Guys, glad it is coming along. It's easter so I've got a few days to do a bit more work on this stuff. Yes, I thought it was well known that you could edit the registry to change the size of the 2 bars, as big or small as you want <= 26 pixels.

However, a final version will have a config dialog, no registry editing required hopefully.

Verizon line - when we get the plugin installed, I'll try to give it a hack

The keyboard icon - seems to be a bug in the older rom. You guys should be getting the new rom soon, and it seems to work better with that.

V
    Thanks vijay!!!!!!

Anyword on your latest version...

PG
    Does the VJToday thingy take any memory to run?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    Does the VJToday thingy take any memory to run?
    NO!
    I admit, although it's already obvious, that I am a newbie. How do I edit the registry to change the height of the bottom menu?
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    Vijay555 sent me the latest build for his TodayToggleII to get rid of the top and bottom bars - it doesn't show the Keyboard icon on the bottom of mine (but I didn't modify the Reg).
    Attached is version 0.101 if you are interested.

Note: CHANGE the .txt to .exe on the filename, and place it on the 700w, and either manually run it from Explorer, or place it in the System/Startup folder.
    So does this mean that i only have to run this and it will take away the top and bottom bars without having to do a registry edit?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theradioinside
    So does this mean that i only have to run this and it will take away the top and bottom bars without having to do a registry edit?
    yes.
    woo hoooooo rock on done and achieved
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast