1.    #1  
    How can one edit the words that are suggested by the built-in predictive text? I think it somehow picked up a word that I mistyped: "todayN". So whenever I type today, it will suggest "today" followed by "todayN". It just bugs.
    Anyone know this? I wasn't sure what else to search for besides predictive text.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Maybe highlight the item and delete? I have no idea though, just guessing here.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I know there's a registry hack to increase/decrease the number of suggested words, but you've got a heck of a good question. I also have a number of words I've mis-typed and now pop up. I wonder if a back up and then a hard reset would solve it (although one would hope there would be a simpler solution).
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    You just need to edit the dyncompdict file in your windows folder and remove the TodayN word. I was able to do it in WordMobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
    You just need to edit the dyncompdict file in your windows folder and remove the TodayN word. I was able to do it in WordMobile.
    How'd you do that? I found it in File Explorer but it won't open without an app, and WordMobile won't recognize it in the Windows folder so I can't even find it in there to open it.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
    Thanks. That worked easily enough.

Hockey3081 - Tap on the file to open it and you should then get a list of programs to choose from. Select Word.
    If you're lazy like me then check out DictMgr. It's freeware for PPC - simply install it and run it and you can edit/add/update any entries. It's got a few other goodies as well.

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/dictmgr.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    Thanks. That worked easily enough.

Hockey3081 - Tap on the file to open it and you should then get a list of programs to choose from. Select Word.
    Strange, when I tapped the file it just gives me the error message saying that I need an app running and that I need to run the application and open the file from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey3081 View Post
    Strange, when I tapped the file it just gives me the error message saying that I need an app running and that I need to run the application and open the file from there.
    I think he means desktop word.

Surur
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey3081 View Post
    I'm using Resco file explorer and I was able to choose what program to open it with. You can probably just transfer the file to your computer and edit it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiricore View Post
    If you're lazy like me then check out DictMgr. It's freeware for PPC - simply install it and run it and you can edit/add/update any entries. It's got a few other goodies as well.

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/dictmgr.shtml
    +1

an excellent program.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    DictMgr no more works on WM6 Treo750