Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    How can one edit the words that are suggested by the built-in predictive text? I think it somehow picked up a word that I mistyped: "todayN". So whenever I type today, it will suggest "today" followed by "todayN". It just bugs.
  2. #2  
    Anyone know this? I wasn't sure what else to search for besides predictive text.
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #3  
    Maybe highlight the item and delete? I have no idea though, just guessing here.
  4. mixman's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #4  
    I know there's a registry hack to increase/decrease the number of suggested words, but you've got a heck of a good question. I also have a number of words I've mis-typed and now pop up. I wonder if a back up and then a hard reset would solve it (although one would hope there would be a simpler solution).
  5. gimme5's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #5  
    You just need to edit the dyncompdict file in your windows folder and remove the TodayN word. I was able to do it in WordMobile.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
    You just need to edit the dyncompdict file in your windows folder and remove the TodayN word. I was able to do it in WordMobile.
    How'd you do that? I found it in File Explorer but it won't open without an app, and WordMobile won't recognize it in the Windows folder so I can't even find it in there to open it.
  7. mixman's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
    You just need to edit the dyncompdict file in your windows folder and remove the TodayN word. I was able to do it in WordMobile.
    Thanks. That worked easily enough.

    Hockey3081 - Tap on the file to open it and you should then get a list of programs to choose from. Select Word.
  8. #8  
    If you're lazy like me then check out DictMgr. It's freeware for PPC - simply install it and run it and you can edit/add/update any entries. It's got a few other goodies as well.

    http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/dictmgr.shtml
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    Thanks. That worked easily enough.

    Hockey3081 - Tap on the file to open it and you should then get a list of programs to choose from. Select Word.
    Strange, when I tapped the file it just gives me the error message saying that I need an app running and that I need to run the application and open the file from there.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey3081 View Post
    Strange, when I tapped the file it just gives me the error message saying that I need an app running and that I need to run the application and open the file from there.
    I think he means desktop word.

    Surur
  11. gimme5's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey3081 View Post
    Strange, when I tapped the file it just gives me the error message saying that I need an app running and that I need to run the application and open the file from there.
    I'm using Resco file explorer and I was able to choose what program to open it with. You can probably just transfer the file to your computer and edit it there.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiricore View Post
    If you're lazy like me then check out DictMgr. It's freeware for PPC - simply install it and run it and you can edit/add/update any entries. It's got a few other goodies as well.

    http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/dictmgr.shtml
    +1

    an excellent program.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  13. #13  
    DictMgr no more works on WM6 Treo750

Posting Permissions