1.    #1  
    Is it best to drain these batteries close empty before recharging to prolonge the life or it doesn't matter.

TIA!
    I've heard it not good to drain the battery then recharge. That works for Ni-cad but Lith-ions.. Just when you can, put it on a charger.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    It says in the manual to keep it on the charger as much as possible. Never let it drain.. bad for these type of batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by meridianholmes
    Is it best to drain these batteries close empty before recharging to prolonge the life or it doesn't matter.
    Off to school with you! Here's a link to Battery University where many of the myths about batteries are dispelled.
    lith ion batteries use cycles u have so many cycle charges before the battery eventually dies, so if you drain ur battery half way then charge to full thats only half a cycle so i full cycle is only complete when u drain another half or if jus drain to 75% and charge all the way then u have only done 3/4 cycle and so on so wether u drain half way then charge or all the way and charge its all the same
    Got Treo?
    What does the manual say? (hint, hint)
    i have no clue, i never read my manual im more of a hands on learner i have to make mistakes first then learn from them, sometimes its not the best way but thats jus the way i learn, so what does the manual say?
    Got Treo?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    i have no clue, i never read my manual im more of a hands on learner i have to make mistakes first then learn from them, sometimes its not the best way but thats jus the way i learn, so what does the manual say?
    It says: "Read Me Seymour, Read Me!"
    who seymour?!

p.s. i dont carry my manual with me everywhere i go, maybe you do but i dont so sorry im unable to read it! but thanks chicken little
    Got Treo?
  10.    #10  
    I failed Battery101 in College. Thanks for the info!