Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    Oryxtek,
    Someone reccommended buying this for our Windows 2000 server in order to make the messaging work:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...y/pricing.mspx

(the $599 License pack)

Is that all i would need??
    That's SBS2003. It depends on how you're setup right now. Is your Win2000 server in domain mode? Is it an SBS version also?

Assuming you're trying to keep your current hardware and stick to the $599 software cost:

1. If it's Win2000 Std Server in Domain mode -- there's no clean path to upgrade to SBS2003. There will be some work needed to migrate the servers and its client machines. Whichever migration path (there's about 2 or 3 different methods), it will require substantial labor from knowledgeable IT people.
    2. If the Win2000 server is NOT running in domain mode, then it'll be a lot cleaner to implement SBS2003. Either way, there will be some knowledgeable IT time involved.
    3. If your Win2000 servers is SBS 2000 to begin with, then you will need to do an in-place upgrade to SBS2003.

Those scenario descriptions are still generally broad. In whichever case, you'll need an IT person(s) that has excellent knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange for starters. It'll take some planning and careful procedures to implement.

If the only thing really high on your agenda is being able to push e-mail to your Treos using an Exchange 2003 server (highly recommended), then you should consider a hosted Exchange Provider like I mentioned above.

Best,
    Oryx
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    Oryxtek,
    Someone reccommended buying this for our Windows 2000 server in order to make the messaging work:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...y/pricing.mspx

(the $599 License pack)

Is that all i would need??
    Tama, you are getting too complicated. This is the way hosting works (I know because I use it and my company ACTUALLY has EXCHANGE 2003.

1. Using the hosted service you always have the updated software.
    2. You ask your IT guys to forward/redirect your emails to the email you will receive from the hosted service.
    3. The hosted service will set up for you a reply email of your choice (say, your work email.)
    4. When new emails come to you the get forwarded and when you reply they come with your email.
    5. Another cool thing with 2003 is Outlook Web. It looks JUST like Outlook but its available to you anywhere there is a connection to the web, including a MAC! :-)
    6. Gives you access to Blackberry, Activesync for Exchange, and Goodlink among others.

You know how much I pay for 10GB of space with Blackberry enterprise server and Exchange 2003? 25/month! Less than AOL and I have everything I need!!!

Check out http://link2exchange.com/ it is a lot simpler with them. I love their support as well! 7/24. I am a customer of theirs.
    Thanks for that link, Elmaldonando. That saves me some time running some comps on Exch Hosting. link2exchange.com sounds like a good recommendation. I may try them out instead of intermedia.net.

Tama2112 -- Emaldonado brings out a good point. If you don't have an IT staff/support that can support your own Exchange server, with your staff size, Hosted Exchange sounds like a better choice for you.
  4.    #24  
    Thanks for all the support guys!! I will talk to our IT about doing this.. It really is a waste of money to pay someone $200 a month there are only 5 employees!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12