1.    #1  
    Hey guys Im new to the Treo world and just got my 700w last night! Great phone! However I cant find how to turn the phone off.

If I hold the "End" button it just turns off the cell phone service but not actually turn off the phone.

Help a new guy out.
    thats all you can do is turn off the phone itself....the pda will remain active until it powers down when reaching the time specified by you in the settings
    doesn't just pressing the power (end) button turn off the pda? i don't get whats wrong...
  4.    #4  
    Holding the End button down will turn off the wireless cell phone service but not turn off the PDA. Is there a way to power down the PDA entirely?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    You can pull the battery. Is there a particular reason why you need to shut the device completely off?
    If you just quickly press the power button, that will turn off the PDA, or so I thought...it basically turns off the screen anyway...but the phone remains active to recieve calls.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdyonegh
    If you just quickly press the power button, that will turn off the PDA, or so I thought...it basically turns off the screen anyway...but the phone remains active to recieve calls.
    Nope the PDA still funtions, all that does is turn off the background light. He wants to completely power down the device for which there is no way to do that other than pulling the battery.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the infor Nuflat. I used to have Cingular and then I switched to T-Mobile. Each time I fully charged the phones battery (didnt matter the model of phone) I would always power the phone off and pull the battery for a min or so. Thay way it would have a clean boot after each recharge. My Razr in particular had a lot of problems when I failed to do this. Im so happy now that I switched to Verizon.