1.    #1  
    I can only get the speakerphone working but when I make a call or pick one up the internal speaker and mic seem dead and don't work. I can't hear anything. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thank you.
    Did you use a wired headset? Quite a few Treos seem to have a headset jack problem.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    The mic works. Everything works except the speaker at the top. The corded headset it came with works, the bluetooth works, the speakerphone works. This is driving me nuts.
    Return to Verizon and get another one, I'd say. Sounds like a possible hardware problem.

But you're sure your phone doesn't think you're in headset mode?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Whoa. I can't believe you wrote this today. Same EXACT thing is happening to me as of today! I can hear fine out of the headphone and speakerphone, and people can hear ME, but I can't hear anything through the Treo 700w's normal phone speaker. What the hell?!?!

I called Verizon and they suggested a hard reset (of course). I soft reset, and took battery out, etc, and this didn't help anything. I'll report back after a hard reset.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I did a hard reset and the problem remains. Guess I'm calling verizon tomorrow to see how I can get a new phone.
    As Lady Treo mentioned in post #2, there's been several reports of headset jack problems. If I had this problem, I'm sure I'd return it to Verizon. I've read somewhere that others have had some success working the headset plug in and out several times in the jack to get the contact to release. Even after removing the headset, the jack is still making contact and turns off the phone speaker - acting as if a headset is still installed.
    Well... I usually need to do a soft reset every two or so days, if not, people on the other side can'r hear me say at all... I thought it was normal (lol)

I'm working on getting Linux to run on the phone... but very slow progress so far...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'm not having a headset jack problem. I can hear fine out of it. I just can't hear out of the phone's normal speaker. Back to verizon it goes!
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brazilmma
    I'm not having a headset jack problem. I can hear fine out of it. I just can't hear out of the phone's normal speaker. Back to verizon it goes!
    Try these 2 things: try tapping earpiece or blow compressed air in it.
    Other wise return it, I am in the same boat with the wife's phone.
  11.    #11  
    Hey,

I went to Verizon and returned the phone for a new one. I tried everything, soft reset, hard reset, tweaks, headset in and out, compressed air in the headphone port...everything. It was a hardware failure. I hope Palm addresses this problem with some quality control.
    I had this problem once. I connect my treo into my car stereo pretty much every time I get into the car. I got out once and noticed I couldn't hear anything. After messing with it for a while, it seemed to think that something was still plugged into the jack and turning off the earpiece speaker. I plugged and unplugged the jack a few times until it started working. So now I usually keep my music playing, unplug the jack, and listen to make sure the music switched to the earpiece before turning it off. Again, I only had this problem once and it was about a month ago.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Interesting! I just tried that, but it didn't work. I too connect my treo in my car pretty much every time I get in. I bet this is related to what you experienced.
    Sorry. I wish I could tell you what I did exactly instead of just "fiddling with it".
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    This is the jack problem I meant. Once you use the jack, the phone thinks you're still in headset or plugged in mode. You should exchange any phone with this problem because it will probably happen again.

I'm sticking with BT headsets because of this known problem. I never even tried using wired headsets.

This happend to me again (3rd time in a month)...waiting for a new phone from vzw...anyone figure out how to get the headset speaker "on" again?